He’s probably the nicest guy in Hollywood, but Steve Carell’s very niceness seems to work against him sometimes. He was way too nice to be a Noah in Evan Almighty, and even his diabolical mastermind turned out to love fluffy stuffed animals and small children in Despicable Me. Now Carell is about to get even nicer, by teaming up with the studio that has made niceness into a brand name.
The Film Stage tells us that Disney has expressed interest in Carell for a part in a new comedy by writer Martin Hynes. The film is based on a recent New York Times article by Suzanne Daley about a Spanish village that won $950 million in the lottery … except for one ill-fated house.
So will Steve Carell be taking on a role in the as yet untitled film? The truth is we don’t know. He’s got quite »
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsSeth Rogen
- Will Alan Menken Get Oscar Love For His R-Rated ‘Sausage Party’ Song? (From Scott Feinberg. 2 December 2016, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Jump Street Female Spin-Off Finds Its Director (From MovieWeb. 1 December 2016, 2:34 PM, PST)
- French film board again under fire after Sausage Party rated 12 (From The Guardian - Film News. 1 December 2016, 10:48 AM, PST)
- John Cena WWE tension, Daniel Bryan teases Sami Zayn to Smackdown… (From Flickeringmyth. 30 November 2016, 8:39 AM, PST)
- 15 Quotes From The Office's Christmas Episodes to Use This Holiday Season (From BuzzSugar. 21 November 2016, 2:50 PM, PST)
- Robert Zemeckis Receives France’s Order of Arts and Letters Honor (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2016, 7:09 AM, PST)
"The Office" (2005)
- Spectral Trailer: Special Forces Vs the Supernatural (From MovieWeb. 2 December 2016, 3:18 PM, PST)
- ‘Fallen Stars’ Exclusive Trailer: Two Lost Souls Develop a Friendship in Los Angeles’ Koreatown Neighborhood (From Indiewire. 28 November 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Wedding Dress’ Exclusive Short Film Premiere: Loneliness Bonds a Newlywed and Her Brother-in-Law on a Fateful Day (From Indiewire. 23 November 2016, 2:26 PM, PST)