He’s probably the nicest guy in Hollywood, but Steve Carell’s very niceness seems to work against him sometimes. He was way too nice to be a Noah in Evan Almighty, and even his diabolical mastermind turned out to love fluffy stuffed animals and small children in Despicable Me. Now Carell is about to get even nicer, by teaming up with the studio that has made niceness into a brand name.
The Film Stage tells us that Disney has expressed interest in Carell for a part in a new comedy by writer Martin Hynes. The film is based on a recent New York Times article by Suzanne Daley about a Spanish village that won $950 million in the lottery … except for one ill-fated house.
So will Steve Carell be taking on a role in the as yet untitled film? The truth is we don’t know. He’s got quite »
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsSeth Rogen
- Seth Rogen's 'The Interview' Declared an Act of War by North Korea (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2014, 7:28 PM, PDT)
- North Korea Is Complaining To The United Nations About The Interview (From Cinema Blend. 11 July 2014, 6:12 PM, PDT)
- North Korea Files Complaint with United Nations Over 'The Interview' (From FirstShowing.net. 11 July 2014, 11:21 AM, PDT)
- Watch Channing Tatum pushed to his limit by Steve Carell in Foxcatcher (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 July 2014, 3:09 PM, PDT)
- ‘Welcome to Sweden’ Series Premiere Review (From Screen Rant. 11 July 2014, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- Giveaway: Win an 'Anchorman 2' Talking Figure Signed by Will Ferrell (From MovieWeb. 10 July 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
"The Office" (2005)
- Exclusive First Look: Jeffrey Reddick’s ‘Good Samaritan’ With Rainn Wilson (From shocktillyoudrop. 11 July 2014, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Beware: 10 Upsets that could happen on Emmy night (From Gold Derby. 10 July 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Video: Ellie Kemper imagines sci-fi for women with Neko Case and Kelly Hogan (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 July 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)