We really didn't think The Backpack, that impossibly luxe accessory created by Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen for The Row, could get any more outrageous. Ringing in at around $35,000 (or $39,000, depending where you check), the crocodile knapsack garnered plenty of snark... then proceeded to sell out of stores. Is there anything the Olsen sisters can't do??
But the powerful design duo have now outdone themselves. The Row has teamed with Damien Hirst for a backpack collection, announced by e-retailer Just One Eye. The collab is a "fascinating study in contrasts" whereby The Row's Nile crocodile leather bag is covered in gold polka dots, rainbow polka dots and prescription pills. The various embellishments are signature Hirst, referencing the artist's famous Spot paintings and his pill-covered piece, "The Void."
With just 12 bags created, a portion of the sale of each bag will benefit Unicef. How much these babies cost, on the other hand, »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsMary-Kate Olsen
- Kate Middleton Wears Jenny Packham Dress for Third Time -- See Her Baby Bump Now! (From TooFab. 10 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Kate Middleton Shows Off Her Baby Bump at a Superglam NYC Gala (From Popsugar. 9 December 2014, 9:20 PM, PST)
- Kate Stuns in Jenny Packham at Royal Couple's Final Event in N.Y.C. (From PEOPLE.com. 9 December 2014, 5:00 PM, PST)
- How to Live Like Architect Charles Renfro (From Vulture. 19 December 2014, 3:31 PM, PST)
- 7 Books You Need to Read This November (From Vulture. 4 November 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio - and Some A-List Friends - Raise $25 Million for His Charity (From PEOPLE.com. 24 July 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)