We really didn't think The Backpack, that impossibly luxe accessory created by Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen for The Row, could get any more outrageous. Ringing in at around $35,000 (or $39,000, depending where you check), the crocodile knapsack garnered plenty of snark... then proceeded to sell out of stores. Is there anything the Olsen sisters can't do??
But the powerful design duo have now outdone themselves. The Row has teamed with Damien Hirst for a backpack collection, announced by e-retailer Just One Eye. The collab is a "fascinating study in contrasts" whereby The Row's Nile crocodile leather bag is covered in gold polka dots, rainbow polka dots and prescription pills. The various embellishments are signature Hirst, referencing the artist's famous Spot paintings and his pill-covered piece, "The Void."
With just 12 bags created, a portion of the sale of each bag will benefit Unicef. How much these babies cost, on the other hand, »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsMary-Kate Olsen
- Mary-Kate Olsen May Have Married Olivier Sarkozy [Reports] (From Uinterview. 29 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Is Mary-Kate Olsen Married? Let's Weigh the Evidence (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 27 September 2014, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Did Mary Kate-Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy Get Secretly Married? (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 September 2014, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio - and Some A-List Friends - Raise $25 Million for His Charity (From PEOPLE.com. 24 July 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Inside amfAR's Cannes Gala With Leo Dicaprio, the Weinsteins, Justin Bieber and a $15 Million Wooly Mammoth (Photos) (From The Wrap. 23 May 2014, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Auctions Trip to Outer Space for Nearly $1 Million at AmFAR Gala (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2014, 4:29 PM, PDT)