What is a true friend but one who makes a documentary about the life of another? That’s what Martin Scorsese is doing for his old buddy Roger Ebert, anyway, the infamous film critic who wrote one of the first positive reviews for Scorsese’s debut film Who’s That Knocking At My Door? and helped to launch his career.
Ever since, the two have remained close friends, with Ebert often granting Scorsese’s movies four star reviews, and Scorsese just, well, loving the heck out of that. Now it’s pay-back time: Scorsese’s documentary – based on Ebert’s memoirs Life Itself – is set to debut at the Telluride Film Festival in 2013.
Whilst attending Columbia College Chicago last week for a talk, producer Zak Piper stated that the production will kick off today with approximately 20 to 25 days of shooting scheduled. The project will shoot at both Ebert’s home and at press screenings, »
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsRoger Ebert
- Flashback: Richard Linklater's Experimental Approach in 1995's 'Before Sunrise' Was Sundance's Real Breakout Hit (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 January 2015, 9:10 AM, PST)
- Producers Guild Redeems "The Lego Movie," "Life Itself" (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 January 2015, 7:22 AM, PST)
- Birdman Scores a Surprise Win at the Producers Guild Awards (From Vulture. 25 January 2015, 10:51 AM, PST)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- Interview: Director Kevin Macdonald Gets Under His ‘Black Sea’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 29 January 2015, 5:58 PM, PST)
- One Man Dead, Two Others Injured After Accident on the Set of Martin Scorsese's New Film Silence (From E! Online. 29 January 2015, 12:59 PM, PST)
- Man Dies on Set of Martin Scorsese's Latest Film (From PEOPLE.com. 29 January 2015, 9:55 AM, PST)
Life Itself (2014)
- Mark Kermode interview: critics, star ratings, Joe Cornish, PR (From Den of Geek. 28 January 2015, 11:42 AM, PST)
- Jordan's Top Ten Movies of 2014 (From Rope Of Silicon. 27 January 2015, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Nominated for Nothing: 'Life Itself' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 27 January 2015, 6:45 AM, PST)