Skyfall has made another $7.7m at the Australian box office in the second weekend of its release.
The Bond film, directed by Sam Mendes and distributed by Sony Pictures kept a very healthy screen average of $13,209 across 585 screens according to Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia.
The film in eleven days has taken $24.8m locally. It surpasses total local earnings of previous Bond film, 2008′s Quantum of Solace which grossed of $20.645m over 11 weeks, according to Box Office Mojo. Quantum of Solace opened on 476 screens.
Elsewhere, Pitch Perfect, directed by Jason Moore and starring Australian female comedian Rebel Wilson, and distributed by Universal made $931,000 in a wide, pre-release across 212 screens for a $4,392 screen average.
Roadshow’s The Perks of Being a Wallflower, directed by Stephen Chbosky opened across 182 screens to take $755,500 while Red Dawn, directed by Dan Bradley and starring Australians Chris Hemsworth and Isabel Lucas made $376,700 for Roadshow across 156 screens. »
- Colin Delaney
Similar News ItemsChris Hemsworth
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" Updates (From SneakPeek. 12 July 2014, 3:02 PM, PDT)
- Stan Lee Confirms 'Avengers 2' Cameo, Wants to Be in 'Batman v Superman' (From MovieWeb. 12 July 2014, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman v Superman, DC TV, Hellboy 3, Spider-Man and more (From Flickeringmyth. 12 July 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
"Gossip Girl" (2007)
- Comic-Con 2014 - Saturday Schedule Unleashed (From GeekTyrant. 12 July 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 Schedule for Saturday, July 26th (From MovieWeb. 12 July 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Affluenza’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 July 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Trailer Hits For Angelina Jolie’s Unbroken (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 July 2014, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Trailer Hits for Angelina Jolie's Upcoming Epic Drama 'Unbroken' (From LatinoReview. 10 July 2014, 6:29 AM, PDT)
- Scarlett Johansson and Jonah Hill join Hail, Caesar! (From Flickeringmyth. 10 July 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)