Silver Linings Playbook, 2012.
Written and Directed by David O. Russell.
After a stint in a mental institution, a former teacher attempts to get his life back on track but things get challenging when he meets a mysterious girl with problems of her own.
Silver Linings Playbook is something of an anomaly. It doesn’t fit into any obvious genre as it is part comedy, romance, drama, and character study, and takes place in a mental institute, family home, make-shift dance studio, ballroom dance hall, and is full of American Football references and rivalries. The film isn’t one thing or another and this is evident in the trailers and advertising, which do a terrible job of making this film look anything other than a mess.
Normally such a film would be unappealing and unrecognisable »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Kristen Stewart’s Mom Supports Her With Sweet Instagram Message (From HollywoodLife. 5 December 2013, 1:09 PM, PST)
- Updated 2014 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress (From Rope Of Silicon. 5 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Miley Cyrus ‘Jealous’ Of Jennifer Lawrence & Liam Hemsworth’s Friendship (From HollywoodLife. 5 December 2013, 8:48 AM, PST)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- Bradley Cooper Is Thinking Big in New Clip from American Hustle Featuring Christian Bale and Amy Adams (From Collider.com. 5 December 2013, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Ken Jeong: the crazy guy from The Hangover (From The Guardian - Film News. 5 December 2013, 10:19 AM, PST)
- ‘American Hustle’ Reviews: Do Critics Think David O. Russell’s Latest is Masterful or a Mess? (From The Wrap. 5 December 2013, 9:48 AM, PST)
- Adg honour for Scorsese (From ScreenDaily. 5 December 2013, 1:13 PM, PST)
- Martin Scorsese To Be Honored by Art Directors Guild (From The Hollywood Reporter. 5 December 2013, 1:02 PM, PST)
- Stream Them Now: Get Your French New Wave Education with 9 Films Available to Stream on Hulu Plus (From Indiewire. 5 December 2013, 12:11 PM, PST)