What an unspectacular weekend for box office analysis. Seriously. Last week when I said I doubt there would be any changes to the top five, I was remarkably prophetic. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 remained the number one movie in North America with $17.1 million for a cume of $254 million dollars.
Meanwhile, Skyfall almost topped Twilight with a weekend of $17 million. One hundred thousand dollars separated the number one and the number two slots. Skyfall has a U.S. total of $245 million. This opens up the possibility that Bond could eventually end up with a better total box office than the final Twilight installment. Bond's numbers are holding stronger than Breaking Dawn - Part 2. With only nine million dollars between the two totals, Bond could end up with the superior box office.
It doesn't mean much for Twilight, which has made its money back (and then some), but »
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- TV Shows That Brad Pitt Surprisingly Appeared On And the Clips to Prove It (From TVovermind.com. 8 February 2016, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 2016 Oscar Previews: Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 7 February 2016, 5:11 PM, PST)
- ‘Big Short’ Director Adam McKay at DGA Panel: ‘I Love Controlled Chaos’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 February 2016, 3:42 PM, PST)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Best Actress Besties Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan Honored in Santa Barbara (From Variety - Film News. 8 February 2016, 11:39 PM, PST)
- First Trailer For Lee Tamahori’s ‘The Patriarch,’ Premiering at Berlin 2016 (From The Film Stage. 8 February 2016, 12:02 PM, PST)
- Oscar’S Year Of Visual Effects, and The Art Of Seeing And Believing (From Trailers from Hell. 6 February 2016, 9:16 AM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Michael Sheen joins Finding Dory voice cast (From Flickeringmyth. 28 January 2016, 10:31 PM, PST)
- Live action fairytale movies: UK release date calendar (From Den of Geek. 21 January 2016, 8:02 AM, PST)
- 2015 North American Box Office Breaks Records For Christmas Weekend (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 December 2015, 2:15 PM, PST)