New York — Neil Young said Sunday that he couldn't see performing in the area devastated by Superstorm Sandy without doing something to help people who were affected by it.
Young and his longtime backing band, Crazy Horse, will hold a benefit concert for the American Red Cross' storm relief effort Thursday at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City. The New Jersey coastline areas were hit hard by the storm in late October.
People in the New York area who suffered damage in the storm have been supporting him for 40 years, he said.
"I couldn't see coming back here and just playing and have it be business as usual," he said. Young is touring in the area, with concerts scheduled for Monday in Brooklyn and Tuesday in Bridgeport, Conn.
Minimum ticket prices for the standing-room show in Atlantic City will be $75 and $150, although Young notes there's no maximum. He »
Similar News ItemsKanye West
- Bobby Cannavale, Woody Allen's Big Guy (From Rolling Stone. 13 December 2013, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Best Celebrity Engagement Rings of 2013: Kim Kardashian, Scarlett Johansson, Naya Rivera and More (From E! Online. 13 December 2013, 12:32 PM, PST)
- Kanye West Is All Smiles, Looks Like He Found Kim Kardashian the Perfect Christmas Gift! (From E! Online. 13 December 2013, 11:29 AM, PST)
John Lennon (I)
- Beck, Fiona Apple, Ben Harper and more want to be your valentine (From Hitfix. 11 December 2013, 11:35 AM, PST)
- Julian Lennon Is Making Moves, Music At YouTube (From Tubefilter News. 10 December 2013, 4:02 PM, PST)
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic; Dexter Fletcher to Direct (From Screen Rant. 10 December 2013, 10:02 AM, PST)
- ‘Lilyhammer’ Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possible) President Christie (From The Wrap. 12 December 2013, 3:18 PM, PST)
- 10 Types Of Fan Every Concert-Goer Knows (And Hates) (From Obsessed with Film. 11 December 2013, 7:32 AM, PST)
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on True Blood, Criminal Minds, Revenge, Psych, Nashville and More (From TVLine.com. 10 December 2013, 6:09 PM, PST)