“This is kind of amazing,” legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker said, looking down at his honorary Oscar. “I mean, everybody here probably has one of these already.”
A nervous ripple of laughter went through the ballroom. Actually, many people were at the Academy’s Governors Awards because they don’t — but want one.
The four-year-old event, which presents lifetime achievement Oscars to deserving individuals, has become a prime campaign spot for those hoping to persuade members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to vote for them.
In addition to Pennebaker, the recipients of the Governors Awards included American Film Institute founder George Stevens, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Als Ice Bucket Roundup: Shia Labeouf, Kristen Stewart & More (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 August 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Complete ''F--king Real'' Ice Bucket Challenge Together With ''Dirty Bath Water''—Watch! (From E! Online. 21 August 2014, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart Completes Her "F*cking Real" Ice Bucket Challenge (From Popsugar. 21 August 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Focused On ‘Sin:’ Prime Focus Swaps VFX, 3D Work For Film Stake (From Deadline New York. 21 August 2014, 9:08 PM, PDT)
- 12 Crazy Comic Book Movie Rumours That Thankfully Never Happened (From Obsessed with Film. 21 August 2014, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- The ComicBookMovie Era (From ComicBookMovie. 21 August 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Minority Report TV show in the works with Steven Spielberg (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 August 2014, 2:19 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg to Turn Minority Report Into a TV Series (From Worst Previews. 22 August 2014, 2:01 AM, PDT)
- U.K.’s Channel 4 Detonates North Korean Thriller ‘Opposite Number’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 August 2014, 1:31 AM, PDT)