“This is kind of amazing,” legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker said, looking down at his honorary Oscar. “I mean, everybody here probably has one of these already.”
A nervous ripple of laughter went through the ballroom. Actually, many people were at the Academy’s Governors Awards because they don’t — but want one.
The four-year-old event, which presents lifetime achievement Oscars to deserving individuals, has become a prime campaign spot for those hoping to persuade members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to vote for them.
In addition to Pennebaker, the recipients of the Governors Awards included American Film Institute founder George Stevens, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Robert Pattinson Gal Pal Dylan Penn Sizzles in Hot New Photos (See!) (From TheImproper.com. 17 December 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Olivier Assayas’ ‘Sils Maria’ Wins Louis Delluc Prize (From Variety - Film News. 16 December 2014, 11:23 AM, PST)
- 'Sils Maria' Wins France’s Louis Delluc Critics' Prize (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 December 2014, 2:02 AM, PST)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- The Year in Review Post-Credits Stinger: What Happened to Post-Credits Stingers in 2014 (From FilmSchoolRejects. 19 December 2014, 5:30 PM, PST)
- 35th Anniversary Posters For Ridley Scott’s Alien Remember A Classic (From We Got This Covered. 19 December 2014, 9:23 AM, PST)
- ‘Into the Woods’ is more shrill than charming (From SoundOnSight. 18 December 2014, 9:02 PM, PST)
- First Photo of Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg’s Cold War Thriller (From GeekTyrant. 20 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: Favorite 2014 Movies, J.R.R. Tolkien's Idea of Christmas and More (From Movies.com. 19 December 2014, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Colin Trevorrow and Chris Pratt talk Jurassic World (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)