“This is kind of amazing,” legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker said, looking down at his honorary Oscar. “I mean, everybody here probably has one of these already.”
A nervous ripple of laughter went through the ballroom. Actually, many people were at the Academy’s Governors Awards because they don’t — but want one.
The four-year-old event, which presents lifetime achievement Oscars to deserving individuals, has become a prime campaign spot for those hoping to persuade members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to vote for them.
In addition to Pennebaker, the recipients of the Governors Awards included American Film Institute founder George Stevens, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Sharon Stone to act with Kristen Stewart? (From RealBollywood. 16 April 2014, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart Gets Into Slacker Mode (From Popsugar. 16 April 2014, 5:41 AM, PDT)
- First Dibs: Is It A Boy Or A Girl For Mila Kunis And Ashton Kutcher? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 16 April 2014, 4:45 AM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- 'Transcendence' Review Roundup: Mind-Blowing, or Just Brain-Dead? (From Thompson on Hollywood. 16 April 2014, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Criterion Announces July Titles Including Cronenberg's 'Scanners', 'Insomnia' and 'Big Chill' (From Rope Of Silicon. 16 April 2014, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- ‘Transcendence’ Reviews: Is the Johnny Depp Thriller Trippy or Tedious? (From The Wrap. 16 April 2014, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Smokey And The Bandit Rebooted on this weeks podcast (#34) (From TheMovieBit. 16 April 2014, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- The Unsung Heroes of Star Wars (From HeyUGuys. 16 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Artax, Silver, Joey, Shadowfax: 11 greatest movie and TV horses (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 April 2014, 1:52 AM, PDT)