“This is kind of amazing,” legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker said, looking down at his honorary Oscar. “I mean, everybody here probably has one of these already.”
A nervous ripple of laughter went through the ballroom. Actually, many people were at the Academy’s Governors Awards because they don’t — but want one.
The four-year-old event, which presents lifetime achievement Oscars to deserving individuals, has become a prime campaign spot for those hoping to persuade members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to vote for them.
In addition to Pennebaker, the recipients of the Governors Awards included American Film Institute founder George Stevens, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Venice Lineup Promises More Than Just Oscar Bait (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Nicholas Hoult & Kristen Stewart Find Love in Dystopian Equals (From QuietEarth. 1 September 2015, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Steve Carell Drafted In To Replace Bruce Willis On Woody Allen’s Latest (From We Got This Covered. 31 August 2015, 11:14 AM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- 50 Greatest Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:52 PM, PDT)
- 50 Best Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:49 PM, PDT)
- From Swashbucklers to Supermen: A Brief History of Action-Movie Heroes (From Rolling Stone. 1 September 2015, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Spielberg's Ready Player One 'Art3mis' Shortlist Revealed; Nick Robinson Eyed For 'Parzival' (From ComicBookMovie. 1 September 2015, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- 50 Greatest Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Ready Player One Female Shortlist Revealed (From We Got This Covered. 1 September 2015, 6:51 PM, PDT)