“This is kind of amazing,” legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker said, looking down at his honorary Oscar. “I mean, everybody here probably has one of these already.”
A nervous ripple of laughter went through the ballroom. Actually, many people were at the Academy’s Governors Awards because they don’t — but want one.
The four-year-old event, which presents lifetime achievement Oscars to deserving individuals, has become a prime campaign spot for those hoping to persuade members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to vote for them.
In addition to Pennebaker, the recipients of the Governors Awards included American Film Institute founder George Stevens, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Rupert Sanders and Liberty Ross Are Divorced (From PEOPLE.com. 26 July 2014, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Liberty Ross, Rupert Sanders Divorce Details - Kristen Stewart Photos Lead to Big Settlement (From National Ledger. 26 July 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Liberty Ross and Snow White and the Huntsman Director Rupert Sanders Finalize Divorce (From E! Online. 25 July 2014, 5:52 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Kodak, Studios Negotiating Last-Ditch Effort to Keep Film in Hollywood (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 July 2014, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- ‘Batman’ Comic Writers Agree: Christopher Nolan ‘Got It Right’ (From Screen Rant. 29 July 2014, 4:14 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Playing with a Water Gun Is the New Leonardo DiCaprio Walking Down the Street Meme (From PEOPLE.com. 29 July 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Win Tickets To The Advance Screening of The Hundred-foot Journey In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 July 2014, 6:30 PM, PDT)
- 'To Tell The Truth' is Coming Back: 5 Classic Liar Clips (From Hitfix. 29 July 2014, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- 'Atari: Game Over' Trailer Goes Searching for Buried 'E.T.' Video Game (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2014, 3:56 PM, PDT)