“This is kind of amazing,” legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker said, looking down at his honorary Oscar. “I mean, everybody here probably has one of these already.”
A nervous ripple of laughter went through the ballroom. Actually, many people were at the Academy’s Governors Awards because they don’t — but want one.
The four-year-old event, which presents lifetime achievement Oscars to deserving individuals, has become a prime campaign spot for those hoping to persuade members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to vote for them.
In addition to Pennebaker, the recipients of the Governors Awards included American Film Institute founder George Stevens, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Kristen Stewart: Don’t Pressure Robert Pattinson To Get Serious Too Soon (From HollywoodLife. 4 December 2013, 6:08 PM, PST)
- Kristen Stewart Looks Seriously Sexy In First Pic From ‘Camp X-Ray’ (From HollywoodLife. 4 December 2013, 5:16 PM, PST)
- Line Up Revealed For 2014 Sundance Film Festival (From We Got This Covered. 4 December 2013, 5:04 PM, PST)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- ‘Godzilla’ & ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ Trailers To Run With ‘The Hobbit’ (From The Hollywood News. 4 December 2013, 10:16 PM, PST)
- James Gray – ‘I’m Very Bad at Directing Actors’ (From Variety - Film News. 4 December 2013, 3:36 PM, PST)
- David Oyelowo Will Star In & Produce Seretse Khama Feature Project - Botswana's 1st President (From ShadowAndAct. 4 December 2013, 3:04 PM, PST)
- Watch: Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, and Terence Winter Talk Wolf Of Wall Street, Spielberg on Set, and More (From Collider.com. 4 December 2013, 12:24 PM, PST)
- Face-Melting Art for Raiders Of The Lost Ark (From GeekTyrant. 4 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Top Ten Funniest Food Moments in Film (From HeyUGuys. 4 December 2013, 4:06 AM, PST)