Over the past few months, we've been inundated with promotional material from Peter Jackson's epic Tolkien adaptation The Hobbit, but so far Jackson and company have done a fine job of keeping the film's fearsome dragon Smaug under wraps. However, with the first instalment of the upcoming trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, now just under two weeks away from release, a TV spot has given us our first look at the mighty antagonist, who will be voiced in the film by Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Star Trek Into Darkness).
You might have seen this in shoddy bootleg quality earlier this week, but now a much better version has made its way online, and you can check it out right here (via ComicBookMovie)...
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey sees Martin Freeman leading the cast as Bilbo Baggins alongside Middle-earth veterans Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Cate Blanchett (Galadriel), Hugo Weaving (Elrond), Andy Serkis »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Guillermo Del Toro To Direct "Strange" Black & White Film Before 'Pacific Rim 2' (From The Playlist. 9 July 2014, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Time to dust off that 'Andy Serkis for Best Actor' Oscar discussion (From Hitfix. 9 July 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Instant Debate: How to Make Indiana Jones 5 Work (From Cinelinx. 9 July 2014, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett in talks for 'Rathergate' movie (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 9 July 2014, 7:41 PM, PDT)
- Robert Redford Is Dan Rather In "Truth" (From Dark Horizons. 9 July 2014, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- Alec Baldwin's Big Day: 'Mission: Impossible 5,' a Rob Ford-esque TV series and more (From Hitfix. 9 July 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- First Look At Sir Ian McKellen As ‘Mr Holmes’ (From The Hollywood News. 9 July 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Get Your First Look At Ian McKellen As Sherlock Holmes (From Cinema Blend. 9 July 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- First look at Ian McKellen as Sherlock Holmes in A Slight Trick of the Mind (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 11:14 AM, PDT)