Over the past few months, we've been inundated with promotional material from Peter Jackson's epic Tolkien adaptation The Hobbit, but so far Jackson and company have done a fine job of keeping the film's fearsome dragon Smaug under wraps. However, with the first instalment of the upcoming trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, now just under two weeks away from release, a TV spot has given us our first look at the mighty antagonist, who will be voiced in the film by Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Star Trek Into Darkness).
You might have seen this in shoddy bootleg quality earlier this week, but now a much better version has made its way online, and you can check it out right here (via ComicBookMovie)...
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey sees Martin Freeman leading the cast as Bilbo Baggins alongside Middle-earth veterans Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Cate Blanchett (Galadriel), Hugo Weaving (Elrond), Andy Serkis »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- 120 Essential Horror Scenes Part 3: Mutilations (From SoundOnSight. 6 October 2015, 8:59 PM, PDT)
- Former A-Film exec reveals struggles at Benelux distributor (From ScreenDaily. 5 October 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Ray Harryhausen: Master of Illusion (From SoundOnSight. 5 October 2015, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Aniston joins The Yellow Birds (From Virgin Media - TV. 7 October 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Jack Huston And Jennifer Aniston To Star In Iraq War Drama Yellow Birds (From We Got This Covered. 6 October 2015, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- Jack Huston and Jennifer Aniston are to star in Iraq War drama The Yellow Birds (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 October 2015, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- ‘Suffragette’ Writer Didn’t Set Out to Make a Feminist Film (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 6:42 PM, PDT)
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Fonda, Blanchett, Lionel Richie & Oscars For Sale To The Highest Bidder (From Deadline. 6 October 2015, 5:22 PM, PDT)
- Cate Blanchett on Truth, Quentin Tarantino, and Her Very Big Year (From Vulture. 6 October 2015, 2:33 PM, PDT)