Call it a turkey hangover. Friday grosses are (mostly) in, and, as expected, the box office is way down from the lucrative Thanksgiving frame.
The top of the chart looks just the same as it did last week. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 stayed in first place with $5.6 million, putting it on pace for a third weekend of $17 million, which would bring its total to $254 million. Skyfall and Lincoln were close behind, grossing $4.9 million and $4.0 million, respectively. Skyfall may walk away with about $16 million over the Friday-to-Sunday period, while Lincoln should earn about $14 million.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- 10 Greatest Gambling Scenes in Movies (From GeekTyrant. 18 April 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Altered State Police: An Oral History of 'Super Troopers' (From Rolling Stone. 18 April 2014, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Kristen Bell & Dax Shepard Bring Brad Pitt into Their Bedroom (From PEOPLE.com. 18 April 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Robert Pattinson's Sex-Filled Trailer Debuts! (From Access Hollywood. 15 April 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire,' Jennifer Lawrence top MTV Movie Awards winners (From Gold Derby. 13 April 2014, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Rio 2′ Flies Past ‘Captain America’ on Friday (From Variety - Film News. 12 April 2014, 8:09 AM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- Qed Buys ‘Yellowstone Falls’; 52-Page Spec About Wolves Battling Mutated Humans (From Deadline New York. 14 April 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Jackie Chan, Irrfan Khan and Norah Jones among those honoured at the Fourth Annual Asian Awards (From Bollyspice. 13 April 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Enter Disney’s Million Dollar Arm Pitching Contest To Win A Million Dollars (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 April 2014, 5:43 AM, PDT)