Call it a turkey hangover. Friday grosses are (mostly) in, and, as expected, the box office is way down from the lucrative Thanksgiving frame.
The top of the chart looks just the same as it did last week. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 stayed in first place with $5.6 million, putting it on pace for a third weekend of $17 million, which would bring its total to $254 million. Skyfall and Lincoln were close behind, grossing $4.9 million and $4.0 million, respectively. Skyfall may walk away with about $16 million over the Friday-to-Sunday period, while Lincoln should earn about $14 million.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Brad Pitt's "Fury" (From SneakPeek. 14 September 2014, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Get A Behind The Scenes Look At Director David Ayer’s Fury Movie (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 13 September 2014, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Celebrity Big Brother final night: Who's going to triumph? - as it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 September 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Casting: Gallner, Brooks, Cox, Malek, Davalos (From Dark Horizons. 9 September 2014, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- Pilot Scoop: 24 Alum Snags Lead Role in USA Network's Mr. Robot (From TVLine.com. 9 September 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson's Sister Lizzy Sings on 'X Factor UK' (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 September 2014, 10:34 AM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- First look at Matthew McConaughey and Ken Watanabe in Gus Van Sant’s The Sea of Trees (From Flickeringmyth. 13 September 2014, 9:55 AM, PDT)
- Ang Lee In Talks For Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk Adaptation (From We Got This Covered. 13 September 2014, 5:11 AM, PDT)
- Ang Lee To Take A "Long Halftime Walk"? (From Dark Horizons. 12 September 2014, 2:52 PM, PDT)