Call it a turkey hangover. Friday grosses are (mostly) in, and, as expected, the box office is way down from the lucrative Thanksgiving frame.
The top of the chart looks just the same as it did last week. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 stayed in first place with $5.6 million, putting it on pace for a third weekend of $17 million, which would bring its total to $254 million. Skyfall and Lincoln were close behind, grossing $4.9 million and $4.0 million, respectively. Skyfall may walk away with about $16 million over the Friday-to-Sunday period, while Lincoln should earn about $14 million.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- 9 Wes Craven Movies You Must See (From MovieWeb. 31 August 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Hulk Hogan Breaks Down About His Racist Remarks (From Popsugar. 31 August 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese's Venice Film Festival Short Cancelled (From Thompson on Hollywood. 31 August 2015, 9:56 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Lives in the Balance in new promo for Heroes Reborn (From Flickeringmyth. 31 August 2015, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Heroes Reborn gets two new promos (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2015, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- Heroes Reborn graces the cover of TV Guide (From Flickeringmyth. 26 August 2015, 6:30 PM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Visual Effects (From Indiewire. 31 August 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Check out eight special features from the Jurassic World Blu-ray (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2015, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Rafe Spall to star as ghost hunter Harry Price on ITV (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 August 2015, 6:16 AM, PDT)