Call it a turkey hangover. Friday grosses are (mostly) in, and, as expected, the box office is way down from the lucrative Thanksgiving frame.
The top of the chart looks just the same as it did last week. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 stayed in first place with $5.6 million, putting it on pace for a third weekend of $17 million, which would bring its total to $254 million. Skyfall and Lincoln were close behind, grossing $4.9 million and $4.0 million, respectively. Skyfall may walk away with about $16 million over the Friday-to-Sunday period, while Lincoln should earn about $14 million.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Which Black Female Filmmaker Should Direct 'Americanah?' (From ShadowAndAct. 9 February 2016, 10:04 AM, PST)
- TV Shows That Brad Pitt Surprisingly Appeared On And the Clips to Prove It (From TVovermind.com. 8 February 2016, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 2016 Oscar Previews: Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 7 February 2016, 5:11 PM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Michael Sheen joins Finding Dory voice cast (From Flickeringmyth. 28 January 2016, 10:31 PM, PST)
- Live action fairytale movies: UK release date calendar (From Den of Geek. 21 January 2016, 8:02 AM, PST)
- 2015 North American Box Office Breaks Records For Christmas Weekend (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 December 2015, 2:15 PM, PST)
Life of Pi (2012)
- In Oscar Directing Category, ‘More’ Sometimes Beats ‘Best’ (From Variety - Film News. 9 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2016: David vs. Goliath In Best Picture Race (From Variety - Film News. 8 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Oscar leader Iñarritu in DGA win (From ScreenDaily. 6 February 2016, 11:58 PM, PST)