While 2012 was filled with many outstanding movies, songs and TV series, a few clear winners emerged during the year's award shows.
At the 2012 Academy Awards, the innovative black and white film "The Artist" stole the show.
The silent movie dominated the Oscars, earning a total of five awards, including Best Picture, Best Musical Score and Best Art Direction.
Photos: Oscars 2012: The Red Carpet
Michel Hazanavicius won Best Director, while French newcomer Jean Dujardin nabbed Best Actor. Jean was overcome with emotion when he won, and accidentally dropped the F-bomb during his acceptance speech!
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (AccessHollywood.com Editorial Staff)
Similar News ItemsThe Artist (2011/I)
- Bérénice Bejo is on the Brink of Divorce in First Trailer for Cannes Drama ‘After Love’ (From The Film Stage. 4 October 2016, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: Bridget Jones’s Baby becomes a silent film in this dialogue-free trailer (From The AV Club. 8 September 2016, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Toronto: Seven burning questions (From ScreenDaily. 5 September 2016, 2:08 AM, PDT)
- ‘Outlander’ Casts César Domboy and Lauren Lyle for Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 3 October 2016, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and the Bubble of Superstardom (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 October 2016, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- France submits Verhoeven’s 'Elle' to Oscar race (From ScreenDaily. 26 September 2016, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Oscars So Male: Why the 2017 Oscar Race For Best Director Has a Gender Problem (From Thompson on Hollywood. 14 October 2016, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- ‘After Love’ Trailer: Bérénice Bejo Faces Bitter Divorce in Cannes Drama (From Indiewire. 5 October 2016, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Seattle International Film Festival Head Carl Spence Leaves Organization After 20-Plus Years (From Indiewire. 4 October 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)