According to the NY Post, ABC is considering a reality show version of General Hospital. The show would revolve around the personal and professional lives of doctors and nurses who work at a Los Angeles hospital (rather than fictional Port Charles, New York).
The new show is apparently in the very early stages of development and filming has quietly begun at UCLA Medical Center. ABC is said to be considering this new "General Hospital" show for the daytime schedule.
The crazy thing is that 50-year-old General Hospital could end up being replaced by a reality show version of itself. Though the soap opera has been performing well this season -- reportedly rising 18% in total viewers year-to-year (2.37 to 2.81 million) -- the network is still on the look out for ways to expand their audience and cut costs.
Similar News Items"General Hospital" (1963)
- Once Upon A Time Season 4 Aurora’s Father Arriving For Action In 2nd Half,New Spoiler (From OnTheFlix. 25 December 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Once Upon a Time Casts Originals Baddie as Aurora's Father (From TVLine.com. 22 December 2014, 4:26 PM, PST)
- Jason Schwartzman & Roman Coppola’s New Series ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ Debuts Today (From Hollywonk. 22 December 2014, 12:56 PM, PST)
"Port Charles" (1997)
- Constantine: 5 Things to Know About NBC's Devilishly Irreverent Drama (From TVLine.com. 24 October 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- The Voice Season 7 Knockout Pairings (and Song Choices) Revealed! (From TVLine.com. 24 October 2014, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- The Voice Season 7 Top 32: Pre-Knockout Rankings by Team! (From TVLine.com. 23 October 2014, 2:52 PM, PDT)