According to the NY Post, ABC is considering a reality show version of General Hospital. The show would revolve around the personal and professional lives of doctors and nurses who work at a Los Angeles hospital (rather than fictional Port Charles, New York).
The new show is apparently in the very early stages of development and filming has quietly begun at UCLA Medical Center. ABC is said to be considering this new "General Hospital" show for the daytime schedule.
The crazy thing is that 50-year-old General Hospital could end up being replaced by a reality show version of itself. Though the soap opera has been performing well this season -- reportedly rising 18% in total viewers year-to-year (2.37 to 2.81 million) -- the network is still on the look out for ways to expand their audience and cut costs.
Similar News Items"General Hospital" (1963)
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts Espys & More (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Heroes Reborn: Greg Grunberg Returning as Matt Parkman (From TVLine.com. 21 May 2015, 10:21 AM, PDT)
"Port Charles" (1997)
- General Hospital's Michelle Stafford Previews ABC Soap's Live Episodes: 'It's Not What You Would Expect' (From TVLine.com. 15 May 2015, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- Genie Francis Is Returning to ABC’s ‘General Hospital’ (From The Wrap. 29 April 2015, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Gh's Genie Francis Set to Return (From TVLine.com. 29 April 2015, 12:17 PM, PDT)