Disney is shifting their casting efforts to find the title character for Cinderella, after Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett entered negotiations to play the evil stepmother earlier this week. Saoirse Ronan (The Host), Alicia Vikander (The Seventh Son), and Gabriella Wilde (Carrie) will be testing to play Cinderella in the near future.
Disney has been developing the project since 2010, when the studio acquired a pitch by screenwriter Aline Brosh McKenna (We Bought a Zoo). Chris Weitz wrote the current screenplay draft based on the initial pitch, which Mark Romanek will direct from.
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- 6 Quick Ways Johnny Depp Could Be Cool Again (From Hitfix. 26 January 2015, 2:27 PM, PST)
- Poster-Crop Quiz: Can You Guess These Johnny Depp Movies? (From Movies.com. 23 January 2015, 5:45 PM, PST)
- Steel-Alloy Batmobile Keychain (From GeekTyrant. 22 January 2015, 4:11 PM, PST)
- Just Say No to the Mani Cam (Like Jennifer Aniston and Julianne Moore Did!) (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 January 2015, 11:48 AM, PST)
- SAG Awards win sends Birdman Oscar hopes soaring (From Cineplex. 26 January 2015, 7:39 AM, PST)
- SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. ‘Birdman’ Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race – Hammond (From Deadline New York. 25 January 2015, 8:13 PM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Emma Watson to Play Belle In Disney's New "Beauty and the Beast" (From TooFab. 26 January 2015, 10:45 AM, PST)
- Emma Watson will play Belle in Bill Condon's Beauty and the Beast (From JoBlo. 26 January 2015, 4:07 AM, PST)
- Why Jennifer Lopez’s ‘Door’ Opened, And Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Didn’t: B.O. Breakdown (From Deadline New York. 25 January 2015, 2:26 PM, PST)