The parallels between unassuming middle child Jeff Kinney and his star-crossed fictional anti-hero Greg Heffley are too arresting to ignore. With his preppy shirts, earnest, toothy grin and diffident manner, Kinney – a 41-year-old father of two and self-confessed former computer games addict – was probably never picked first for the school football team.
Heffley, a luckless video games fanatic frozen in cartoon time as the simplistically drawn adolescent protagonist of Kinney's phenomenally popular Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, is similarly flawed and – however hard he tries – rarely penetrates beyond the outer fringes of the in-crowd.
Belittled by his cooler, tougher elder brother Rodrick, frustrated by his mollycoddled younger brother Manny and ignored by the class catch Holly Hills »
- Nick McGrath
Similar News ItemsCabin Fever (2002)
- Femme Fatales Play Funny Games With Keanu Reeves In Knock Knock Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2015, 6:49 AM, PDT)
- Knock Knock: Keanu Reeves Gets Tortured By Sexy Psychopaths in International Trailer (From Collider.com. 21 May 2015, 7:38 PM, PDT)
- You Can Now Watch Eli Roth’s Batshit Crazy Student Film Restaurant Dogs Online (From Collider.com. 1 May 2015, 12:16 PM, PDT)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2010)
- The Devil Wears Prada is heading to Broadway: Musical is in the works (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 12 May 2015, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Developing New 'Odyssey' Movie with Francis Lawrence (From FirstShowing.net. 8 April 2015, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Developing ‘The Odyssey’ with ‘Hunger Games’ Team (From Variety - Film News. 8 April 2015, 11:11 AM, PDT)
Jeff Kinney (I)
- 'Hunger Games' Producers Sign First-Look Deal With Fox 2000 (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 July 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Fifty Shades of Grey is Top Selling Author with $95 Million, Twilight Author is Starting to Hate Twilight (From Worst Previews. 14 August 2013, 7:18 PM, PDT)
- E.L. James Named Top-Earning Author of 2013 (From Variety - Film News. 14 August 2013, 2:16 PM, PDT)