If proof was ever needed that the opinions of critics aren’t the be all and end all when it comes to a film’s success, one need only look at last weekend’s big winner Nativity 2 : Danger in the Manger.
Much maligned by critics and savaged pretty much across the board, few (this humble writer included) gave it much notice and assumed it would struggle being released the same weekend as star-studded fair such as Silver Linings Playbook, End of Watch and Gambit.
Oh how little we know. Taking in an impressive £1.6 million in its opening weekend, Nativity 2 sits comfortably in third place in the Box Office Chart, making more than End of Watch and Gambit combined. With its broad family appeal and timely release date falling just when many folks are beginning to enter into the festive spirit, it looks set to dwarf the £5million total of its predecessor. »
- Rob Keeling
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence to make her directorial debut with Project Delirium (From JoBlo. 25 November 2015, 5:24 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Directing a Dark Comedy About Mental Warfare (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 4:07 PM, PST)
- What Jennifer Lawrence Is Trying Next (From Cinema Blend. 25 November 2015, 2:26 PM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman's Broadway to Oz review – the screamingly camp end of large (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 November 2015, 7:09 PM, PST)
- "Fantastic Four" Sequel Pulled From Schedule (From Dark Horizons. 24 November 2015, 9:42 AM, PST)
- Fox Unsurprisingly Removes Fantastic Four 2 From Their 2017 Release Schedule (From ComicBookMovie. 23 November 2015, 6:55 PM, PST)
- *Nsync Gracefully React to Adele's 25 Finally Breaking Their Album Sales Record (From Popsugar. 25 November 2015, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Who Is the Cutest Couple of 2015? (From Popsugar. 25 November 2015, 5:30 AM, PST)
- 2016 Sundance Film Festival Predictions: Andrew Neel’s Goat (From ioncinema. 24 November 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)