If proof was ever needed that the opinions of critics aren’t the be all and end all when it comes to a film’s success, one need only look at last weekend’s big winner Nativity 2 : Danger in the Manger.
Much maligned by critics and savaged pretty much across the board, few (this humble writer included) gave it much notice and assumed it would struggle being released the same weekend as star-studded fair such as Silver Linings Playbook, End of Watch and Gambit.
Oh how little we know. Taking in an impressive £1.6 million in its opening weekend, Nativity 2 sits comfortably in third place in the Box Office Chart, making more than End of Watch and Gambit combined. With its broad family appeal and timely release date falling just when many folks are beginning to enter into the festive spirit, it looks set to dwarf the £5million total of its predecessor. »
- Rob Keeling
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- 7 surprising Hollywood stars who love British reality TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 May 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse concept art (From Flickeringmyth. 29 May 2015, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- High Quality Version Of 'Cyclops' And 'Jean Grey' X-men: Apocalypse Concept Art Surfaces (From ComicBookMovie. 28 May 2015, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- 'Chappie' (Blu-ray) Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 May 2015, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Reynolds thanks fans as Deadpool wraps (From Flickeringmyth. 29 May 2015, 5:47 AM, PDT)
- ‘Pan’s’ Joe Wright in Talks to Direct Anne Hathaway in ‘The Lifeboat’ for Working Title, Focus (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Annie’ Director Will Gluck Boards Disney’s Lottery Movie (From Variety - Film News. 29 May 2015, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Will Gluck Wins Lottery For Untitled Disney Comedy (From We Got This Covered. 29 May 2015, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Biel Debuts Her Amazing Post-Baby Body—See the First Pics! (From E! Online. 29 May 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)