"I feel that I am very fortunate to have a lady friend that just happens to have an adam's apple."
Like so many other facets of Western culture that can trace their origins back to Ancient Greece — democracy, medicine, poetry, philosphy, among others — modern cinema owes a great deal to the Greeks and their festivals held in “theatrons” in honor of the god Dionysus. In those days, women were not allowed to participate in public life so any female roles were played by men.
Women have come a long way (baby) since then, but the tradition of men dressing like women made the leap from the stage to the screen when Charlie Chaplin played "Wife" in the 1914 short A Busy Day and the trend continues today, with entire franchises built around men in drag. Some men in drag movies are just that, a drag, but others have surprised, entertained, and enthralled us, »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsSteven Tyler (I)
- 'Dazed and Confused' (1993) - Best Movies #4 (From Rope Of Silicon. 10 July 2014, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- In Defence Of... Michael Bay, Hollywood's action movie king (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 July 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Big Brother: Armageddon - What do you want to see? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 7 July 2014, 4:13 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Costume Lands At The Academy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 July 2014, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- The Best of “Movie Poster of the Day,” Part 7 (From MUBI. 8 July 2014, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- Il Cinema Ritrovato 2014 (From MUBI. 7 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
- Melissa McCarthy: Susan Sarandon Looked Too Good to Play My Grandma (Video) (From PEOPLE.com. 1 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Complete Buffy reviews: Living Conditions (From Shadowlocked. 30 June 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- 10 Movie Girls You Wouldn’t Take Home To Meet Your Parents (From Obsessed with Film. 29 June 2014, 3:47 AM, PDT)