"I feel that I am very fortunate to have a lady friend that just happens to have an adam's apple."
Like so many other facets of Western culture that can trace their origins back to Ancient Greece — democracy, medicine, poetry, philosphy, among others — modern cinema owes a great deal to the Greeks and their festivals held in “theatrons” in honor of the god Dionysus. In those days, women were not allowed to participate in public life so any female roles were played by men.
Women have come a long way (baby) since then, but the tradition of men dressing like women made the leap from the stage to the screen when Charlie Chaplin played "Wife" in the 1914 short A Busy Day and the trend continues today, with entire franchises built around men in drag. Some men in drag movies are just that, a drag, but others have surprised, entertained, and enthralled us, »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsSteven Tyler (I)
- Chelsea Tyler Marries Jon Foster in California Ceremony: Details (From Us Weekly. 21 June 2015, 1:24 AM, PDT)
- Could Liv Tyler Look Any Lovelier? See Her Moms' Night Out in NYC (From Popsugar. 9 June 2015, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears' manager has heart surgery (From National Ledger. 8 June 2015, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Jon Hamm Pays Tribute to ‘Minions’ as ‘Slapstick Comedy Geniuses’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 June 2015, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Il Cinema Ritrovato 2015 (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 27 June 2015, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Daily | Il Cinema Ritrovato 2015 (From Keyframe. 27 June 2015, 12:25 PM, PDT)
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
- Watch: 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Meets 'Dirty Harry' in 'The Wolfpack' Brothers' Hilarious Short Film (From Indiewire. 29 June 2015, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 24 June 2015, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Annual Coney Island 'Flicks on the Beach' Screening Series Kicks Off July 6th with The Terminator (From The Daily BLAM!. 24 June 2015)