"I feel that I am very fortunate to have a lady friend that just happens to have an adam's apple."
Like so many other facets of Western culture that can trace their origins back to Ancient Greece — democracy, medicine, poetry, philosphy, among others — modern cinema owes a great deal to the Greeks and their festivals held in “theatrons” in honor of the god Dionysus. In those days, women were not allowed to participate in public life so any female roles were played by men.
Women have come a long way (baby) since then, but the tradition of men dressing like women made the leap from the stage to the screen when Charlie Chaplin played "Wife" in the 1914 short A Busy Day and the trend continues today, with entire franchises built around men in drag. Some men in drag movies are just that, a drag, but others have surprised, entertained, and enthralled us, »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsSteven Tyler (I)
- 13 times Neil Patrick Harris proved he is the ultimate Oscars host (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 October 2014, 5:12 AM, PDT)
- Steven Tyler "Over the Moon" About Liv Tyler's Second Pregnancy! Get the Scoop (From E! Online. 1 October 2014, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Corey Feldman -- Sorry, Steven Tyler ... This Is Gonna Hurt (Video) (From TMZ. 28 September 2014, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- 20th Anniversary Academy Screening of The Shawshank Redemption (From AwardsDaily. 20 October 2014, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Filmmakers: You Are Being Lied To (From Hope for Film. 17 October 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Art Directors Guild Taps Trio for Hall of Fame (From Variety - TV News. 15 October 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
- Robin Williams' Memorial: Friends and Family Celebrate the Late Comedian (From Us Weekly. 27 September 2014, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Ethan Hawke on Robin Williams: He Was in a Tremendous Amount of Pain (From TooFab. 12 September 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- ‘Draft Day’ Tackles the Top of the Home Video Sales Charts (From Variety - Film News. 10 September 2014, 4:31 PM, PDT)