Former president George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized for several days in Houston, Tex. due to a bronchitis infection.
Bush was admitted to Methodist Hospital at Texas Medical Center so doctors could try to prevent the bronchitis from turning into pneumonia.
After developing a secondary bacterial infection, to former leader of the free world is said to be in stable condition.
USA Today spoke to the physician overseeing Bush's treatment, Amy Myunderse. "He is definitely in great spirits," says Myunderse. "He is happy, joking and definitely getting better."
Mr. Bush, the father of former president George W. Bush, has been confined to a wheelchair recently due to complications from Parkinson's disease. »
Similar News ItemsGeorge W. Bush
- Rob Long on Why Hollywood Leans Democratic (Listen) (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2015, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Sean Penn Blames George W. Bush and Dick Cheney for Creating Isis—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 20 March 2015, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- 'The Jinx' Theme Composer on Robert Durst: "It's Hard Not to Feel Sorry for Him" (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 March 2015, 2:38 PM, PDT)
George Bush (I)
- 'Saturday Night Live' 40th Anniversary Video Highlights (From MovieWeb. 16 February 2015, 12:39 PM, PST)
- The 'Saturday Night Live' story told through its sketches (From Hitfix. 12 February 2015, 6:05 AM, PST)
- Oscars: Campaigning Still Going Strong As Academy Has One Week Left To Make A Decision (From Deadline. 9 February 2015, 5:49 PM, PST)