Former president George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized for several days in Houston, Tex. due to a bronchitis infection.
Bush was admitted to Methodist Hospital at Texas Medical Center so doctors could try to prevent the bronchitis from turning into pneumonia.
After developing a secondary bacterial infection, to former leader of the free world is said to be in stable condition.
USA Today spoke to the physician overseeing Bush's treatment, Amy Myunderse. "He is definitely in great spirits," says Myunderse. "He is happy, joking and definitely getting better."
Mr. Bush, the father of former president George W. Bush, has been confined to a wheelchair recently due to complications from Parkinson's disease. »
Similar News ItemsGeorge W. Bush
- Magician Daryl Easton, 61, Found Dead After Killing Himself in Hollywood’s Famed Magic Castle (From PEOPLE.com. 25 February 2017, 6:45 AM, PST)
- Americans Are Split on Whether They Want President Trump Impeached — And More Revealing Polls (From PEOPLE.com. 24 February 2017, 2:35 PM, PST)
- Newswire: The Obamas were also intrigued by the curiously literal title of Monster Trucks (From The AV Club. 24 February 2017, 1:56 PM, PST)
George Bush (I)
- Shepard Smith Calls President Trump’s Press Conference ‘Crazy’ (From Variety - TV News. 16 February 2017, 3:38 PM, PST)
- 'Wayne’s World' 25 Years Later: How Mike Myers and Dana Carvey Found Their Inner Rock Stars (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 February 2017, 8:25 AM, PST)
- Reagan’s Chief of Staff Jim Baker Assesses Trump Presidency So Far: ‘We Have Allies That Are Just Scared to Death’ (From PEOPLE.com. 6 February 2017, 12:05 PM, PST)