A couple of months ago is was announced that The CW would be developing a Wonder Woman series. This is something that David E. Kelly tried to do for NBC, but they ended up passing on the series. When the new project was first announced we heard that it would be an origin story and that it was being developed under the title Amazon.
It was previously said that the series "will focus on Wonder Woman as a young, budding superhero, rather than a fully formed defender of liberty. (Think Smallville, but instead of a 'no tights, no flights' rule, this show might have a 'no bracelets, no crown' mandate.)" Thanks to Deadline we have a little bit more information on the series from a character description being used in the casting process.
They are looking for a tall actress to take on the lead role and only looking to audition actresses 5'8" or taller. »
- Joey Paur
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/21/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 July 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll joins Daredevil (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2014, 11:48 PM, PDT)
- New Resurrection Season 2 Premiere Date Finally Dished Out By ABC (From OnTheFlix. 17 July 2014, 1:08 PM, PDT)
"The O.C." (2003)
- New Gotham TV Spots (From ComicBookMovie. 21 July 2014, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- 3 'Gotham' TV Spots Tease Legendary Origin Stories (From MovieWeb. 21 July 2014, 8:52 AM, PDT)
- Gotham showrunner talks Joker and Poison Ivy plans (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2014, 3:29 AM, PDT)
Allan Heinberg (I)
- 'Looking' co-creator Michael Lannan says Scott Bakula is returning for season 2 (From Hitfix. 10 March 2014, 3:12 AM, PDT)
- Looking, Ep. 1.04, “Looking for $220/Hour” at the Folsom Street Fair (From SoundOnSight. 10 February 2014, 3:05 AM, PST)
- The CW’s Wonder Woman Origins Show Is Dead in the Water (From FilmSchoolRejects. 16 January 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)