A couple of months ago is was announced that The CW would be developing a Wonder Woman series. This is something that David E. Kelly tried to do for NBC, but they ended up passing on the series. When the new project was first announced we heard that it would be an origin story and that it was being developed under the title Amazon.
It was previously said that the series "will focus on Wonder Woman as a young, budding superhero, rather than a fully formed defender of liberty. (Think Smallville, but instead of a 'no tights, no flights' rule, this show might have a 'no bracelets, no crown' mandate.)" Thanks to Deadline we have a little bit more information on the series from a character description being used in the casting process.
They are looking for a tall actress to take on the lead role and only looking to audition actresses 5'8" or taller. »
- Joey Paur
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 7/8/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 8 July 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Which Grey's Anatomy Doctor Are You? (From BuzzSugar. 8 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- The Last Ship: Inside Summer's Hottest New Drama (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 8 July 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)
"The O.C." (2003)
- New TV spot for Batman prequel series Gotham (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Danny Trejo and Dave Bautista Talk Twinkies in First L.A. Slasher Clip (From Dread Central. 8 July 2014, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Danny Cannon on following Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy with Gotham (From Flickeringmyth. 6 July 2014, 1:51 PM, PDT)
Allan Heinberg (I)
- 'Looking' co-creator Michael Lannan says Scott Bakula is returning for season 2 (From Hitfix. 10 March 2014, 3:12 AM, PDT)
- Looking, Ep. 1.04, “Looking for $220/Hour” at the Folsom Street Fair (From SoundOnSight. 10 February 2014, 3:05 AM, PST)
- The CW’s Wonder Woman Origins Show Is Dead in the Water (From FilmSchoolRejects. 16 January 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)