When Brit director Julian Farino landed a script on Hollywood's "black list", his life took a strange turn
I was leaving the schoolyard, having dropped off my boys, when my mobile, or should I say cellphone, rang. "Hey Julian, it's Ed. Ed Limato. My client loves your movie. My client wants to be in your movie. My client is Richard Gere. We should talk, no?"
I had never spoken to Ed Limato before, but I knew of him as a legendary Hollywood agent. Mel Gibson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Denzel Washington, Steve Martin… he was an old-school giant. One of the biggest players in town. The fact that he should be ringing me (how did he get my number?), an outsider from London who started on Coronation Street, struck me in that 'how did I get here?' way. Am I really doing this whole thing in Hollywood?
The movie was The Oranges, »
Similar News Items"Gossip Girl" (2007)
- Twisted Review: Innocent Until Proven Guilty (From TVfanatic. 18 June 2013, 11:40 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Bringing Vampire and Rapture-Palooza Home (From Dread Central. 18 June 2013, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- Blake Lively’s Must-Have Makeup — Get Her Bronzed Look (From HollywoodLife. 18 June 2013, 1:05 PM, PDT)
Mark Wahlberg (I)
- Here’s a look at a Deleted Scene from the Broken City DVD (From HeyUGuys. 19 June 2013, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Awesome New Set Photos and Videos from Transformers 4 (From ShockYa. 19 June 2013, 12:32 AM, PDT)
- It's the NBA Finals - See Stars Sitting Courtside (From Popsugar. 18 June 2013, 9:15 PM, PDT)
Mel Gibson (I)
- Battle speeches (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 June 2013, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Jumping Off Point: Stephen Goldblatt talks about the Lethal Weapon franchise (From Flickeringmyth. 19 June 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Man of Steel ads: Superman = Jesus (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 June 2013, 3:58 AM, PDT)