When Brit director Julian Farino landed a script on Hollywood's "black list", his life took a strange turn
I was leaving the schoolyard, having dropped off my boys, when my mobile, or should I say cellphone, rang. "Hey Julian, it's Ed. Ed Limato. My client loves your movie. My client wants to be in your movie. My client is Richard Gere. We should talk, no?"
I had never spoken to Ed Limato before, but I knew of him as a legendary Hollywood agent. Mel Gibson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Denzel Washington, Steve Martin… he was an old-school giant. One of the biggest players in town. The fact that he should be ringing me (how did he get my number?), an outsider from London who started on Coronation Street, struck me in that 'how did I get here?' way. Am I really doing this whole thing in Hollywood?
The movie was The Oranges, »
Similar News ItemsMark Wahlberg (I)
- California Expanded Tax Credit Program Draws 254 Film Applicants (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2015, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- ‘Southpaw’ features another knockout Jake Gyllenhaal performance (From SoundOnSight. 23 July 2015, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Stx launches sales division (From ScreenDaily. 22 July 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
"Gossip Girl" (2007)
- Who Slammed Taylor Swift on Twitter For Being a Mean Girl?! (From Popsugar. 28 July 2015, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Zegers, Wife Jaime Feld Welcome Twin Girls: See Their Announcement (From Us Weekly. 27 July 2015, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Kelly Rutherford's 2 Kids Have the Most Adorable Red Carpet Poses (From Popsugar. 27 July 2015, 2:05 PM, PDT)
Mel Gibson (I)
- Hulk Hogan N-Word Controversy: 7 More Celebrities Caught In Racism Scandals (From GossipCop. 24 July 2015, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Tax Breaks Bringing Hollywood Productions Back to Italy (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Lethal Weapon 4's ridiculously fast turnaround time (From Den of Geek. 22 July 2015, 12:41 PM, PDT)