There's no "Maybe" about it - in 2012, the pop world was owned by Carly Rae Jepsen.
As AccessHollywood.com counts down The Top 12 Headlines Of 2012, we start with the 27-year-old Canadian singer who shot to superstardom seemingly overnight, on the success of her smash single "Call Me Maybe."
Having sold more than 6.1 million copies (according to Nielsen SoundScan) to date, the song continues to break records and hold its spot as a pop tune powerhouse to this day. The song was covered everywhere and by everyone - from Lil' Wayne to Justin Bieber & Selena ...
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. »
- email@example.com (AccessHollywood.com Editorial Staff)
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- A Look Back at the Best of the Teen Choice Awards (From Popsugar. 25 July 2016, 8:15 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Lookalike, ‘Botched’ Star Tobias Strebel Died of Multiple Drugs, Coroner Says (From The Wrap. 25 July 2016, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Gucci Mane Will Be Featured On Major Lazer’s “Cold Water” Remix (From We Got This Covered. 25 July 2016, 10:15 AM, PDT)
Carly Rae Jepsen
- Justin Bieber, Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas, Carly Rae Jepsen and More Stars Share a Bed in Sfw Kanye West "Famous" Parody (From E! Online. 7 July 2016, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- The Grease: Live! Cast Reunites on the Red Carpet, Still Looks Hopelessly Devoted to Each Other (From Popsugar. 16 June 2016, 7:03 AM, PDT)
- Emmy Awards: Joan’s on Third to Get ‘Grease’ Makeover (From Variety - TV News. 31 May 2016, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- TMZ Live: Tom Cruise: Caught In The Middle Of Scientology Bomb Threat! (From TMZ. 25 July 2016, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Lil Wayne Cuts Short Performance At High Times’ Cannabis Cup (From Uinterview. 25 July 2016, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Lil Wayne -- High Times Fired Up ... We Had a Deal and He Came Up Short (From TMZ. 24 July 2016, 11:06 AM, PDT)