Alicia Keys is on fire. The Grammy-winning superstar released her fifth studio album -- "Girl on Fire" -- on Tuesday (Nov. 27) and two days later she hit "The X Factor" stage to perform the title song.
The album is something of a new beginning for Keys, and marks her first new release since the 2010 birth of her son, Egypt.
"It's definitely changed me," Keys says about becoming a mother. "I started to be more productive. Before I think I wasted more time just cause I could. I came in [to the studio] really focused about what I wanted to do. Even the writing on this record is deeper, it's more intimate. It's at a place I probably couldn't have written two or three years ago because I didn't understand it as much. I think [motherhood has] opened me up to access a deeper emotion than I did before."
Along with changing on the inside, Keys »
Similar News ItemsBritney Spears
- You Know You Were a Teenager in the 2000s If . . . (From Popsugar. 5 March 2015, 3:55 AM, PST)
- Is Britney Spears Ready to Marry Boyfriend Charlie Ebersol?! (From TooFab. 3 March 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Britney Spears' Hair Extensions Fall Out During Energetic Vegas Show (From Entertainment Tonight. 3 March 2015, 1:22 PM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Reality Bites: Watch Katie Price grope The Jump's Louise Hazel (From Digital Spy - TV news. 5 March 2015, 5:14 AM, PST)
- Europe’s Top TV Network Rtl Group Keeps Revenue Stable, Buoyed by German Biz (From Variety - TV News. 5 March 2015, 2:07 AM, PST)
- ITV CEO Adam Crozier Tapped for Variety’s Achievement in Int’l TV Award (From Variety - TV News. 25 February 2015, 9:01 AM, PST)
- Nick Cannon Shares Update on "Dem Babies" After Mariah Carey Split: The Twins Are "Kind of Individuals" (From E! Online. 3 March 2015, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Benji Madden Gets Giant Tattoo of Cameron Diaz's Name (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 February 2015, 12:44 PM, PST)
- The Voice UK: Autumn Sharif on turning down Thriller Live for the show (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 February 2015, 4:01 PM, PST)