Alicia Keys is on fire. The Grammy-winning superstar released her fifth studio album -- "Girl on Fire" -- on Tuesday (Nov. 27) and two days later she hit "The X Factor" stage to perform the title song.
The album is something of a new beginning for Keys, and marks her first new release since the 2010 birth of her son, Egypt.
"It's definitely changed me," Keys says about becoming a mother. "I started to be more productive. Before I think I wasted more time just cause I could. I came in [to the studio] really focused about what I wanted to do. Even the writing on this record is deeper, it's more intimate. It's at a place I probably couldn't have written two or three years ago because I didn't understand it as much. I think [motherhood has] opened me up to access a deeper emotion than I did before."
Along with changing on the inside, Keys »
Similar News ItemsBritney Spears
- TMZ Live: Khloe Kardashian -- Finally Done with Lamar (From TMZ. 12 December 2013, 9:45 AM, PST)
- 13 Things That Should Have Sucked In 2013 But Didn’t (From TheFabLife - Movies. 12 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- The Morning Read: Wright’s ‘Ant-Man’ Challenge, Bad Oscar Bait and the Bodies of 2013 (From FilmSchoolRejects. 12 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/12/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:09 PM, PST)
- Wednesday Ratings: Nashville, X Factor, Sing-Off, Arrow, Survivor, Back in the Game (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:07 PM, PST)
- The X Factor: Season Three Ratings (Weds) (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Vs. Taylor Swift: Who Made $80 Million This Year? (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 2:46 PM, PST)
- Is Miley Cyrus Really the Most Annoying Star of the Year? (From Popsugar. 12 December 2013, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Leona Lewis: Christmas, With Love – review (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)