Alicia Keys is on fire. The Grammy-winning superstar released her fifth studio album -- "Girl on Fire" -- on Tuesday (Nov. 27) and two days later she hit "The X Factor" stage to perform the title song.
The album is something of a new beginning for Keys, and marks her first new release since the 2010 birth of her son, Egypt.
"It's definitely changed me," Keys says about becoming a mother. "I started to be more productive. Before I think I wasted more time just cause I could. I came in [to the studio] really focused about what I wanted to do. Even the writing on this record is deeper, it's more intimate. It's at a place I probably couldn't have written two or three years ago because I didn't understand it as much. I think [motherhood has] opened me up to access a deeper emotion than I did before."
Along with changing on the inside, Keys »
Similar News ItemsBritney Spears
- Katy Perry, Here's a Super Bowl Halftime Performance Game Plan For You (From PEOPLE.com. 28 November 2014)
- Gwyneth Paltrow vs. Martha Stewart: Whose Dessert Diss Tastes Best? We Baked Both to Find Out! (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 November 2014, 4:14 PM, PST)
- Have a Very '90s (and Early '00s) Christmas (From BuzzSugar. 25 November 2014, 3:30 PM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- The X Factor: Stereo Kicks can't believe their luck in rehearsals (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2014, 10:55 AM, PST)
- The X Factor: See Tulisa return to help out Stereo Kicks (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2014, 10:40 AM, PST)
- The X Factor: Mel B is Really getting into rehearsals with Andrea (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2014, 10:31 AM, PST)
- How 9 Celebs Set Their Thanksgiving Tables and Celebrated with Family (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 November 2014, 9:22 AM, PST)
- Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey to spend Christmas together (From National Ledger. 27 November 2014, 9:58 AM, PST)
- 12 Stars Who Can’t Stand Their Own Hit Song (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 November 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)