Abandon all hope of stumbling on substance, ye who enter the Longacre Theatre to see its current showing centered on the world of porn. But if you're looking for some off-color, down-and-dirty humor, you could do a lot worse. The Performers is best summed up by one of its own flippant film titles, "I ate Chinese and now I'm hungry"; it's no main course of theater, but it might leave you wanting some more.
It's difficult to shake the feeling that this play would have found a happier home Off-Broadway, but Broadway has worn less-fitting costumes and made them work, so this foul-mouthed play will just have to do its best to fill out the larger, less adventurous houses.
For all his profanity, playwright David West Read actually keeps it pretty clean for a piece about the porn industry. Writing with sitcom precision and timing, Read keeps a quick pace, »
- C. Jefferson Thom
Similar News ItemsCheyenne Jackson
- New Photos of Lady Gaga’s Character in American Horror Story: Hotel (From DailyDead. 27 August 2015, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- This Is What Angela Bassett and Naomi Campbell Will Look Like in 'American Horror Story: Hotel' (From ShadowAndAct. 26 August 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- This Is What Angela Bassett and Naomi Campbell Will Look Like in 'American Horror Story: Hotel' (From Indiewire Television. 26 August 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Mistress America – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 August 2015, 8:54 PM, PDT)
- Batgirl Craig Dead at 78: Also Known for 'Star Trek' Guest Role (From Alt Film Guide. 18 August 2015, 10:34 PM, PDT)
- From Clueless to Pulp Fiction, 10 of the best and worst dates on film (From Cineplex. 21 July 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Thursday’s best TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 August 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Henry Winkler's Hank Zipzer is returning for a second series on Cbbc (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 July 2015, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- BoJack Horseman season 2: spoiler-free review (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2015, 12:39 AM, PDT)