Peep Show's dysfunctional duo returned to our screens last Sunday – giving us an ideal opportunity to look at some more classic mismatched pairs
After an all-too-long hiatus from our screens the much-awaited eighth season of Peep Show returned to Channel 4 on Sunday, providing a welcome opportunity to reacquaint ourselves with Jez and Mark, the Pov protagonists around which the show's tawdry universe revolves.
Despite their collective neuroses, the dysfunctional duo occupy opposite ends of the social spectrum, yet have somehow managed to share the same south London flat for more than seven years. But they're not the first odd couple to grace the idiot box. For years, opposites have attracted audiences to shows ranging from sedate sitcoms to edgy dramas.
Here's our pick of the best of them. But what do you think? Let us know your suggestions in the comments section below.
Reading this on mobile? »
- Daniel Bettridge
Similar News Items"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- The Simpsons: 15 Best Ever TV Show Parodies & Homages (From Obsessed with Film. 13 February 2016, 2:03 AM, PST)
- Better Call Saul: 8 Huge Predictions For Season 2 (From Obsessed with Film. 13 February 2016, 12:34 AM, PST)
- Berlinale ’16: ‘War On Everyone’ review (From The Hollywood News. 12 February 2016, 11:42 PM, PST)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Madonna Longs for 'Days of Innocence' with Son Rocco as Custody Battle Rages on: 'How I Miss This Time' (From PEOPLE.com. 11 February 2016, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Maggie Q falls into 'Slumber' (From ScreenDaily. 11 February 2016, 12:12 AM, PST)
- 8 Movie Heroes Who Definitely Have Personality Disorders (From Obsessed with Film. 10 February 2016, 6:36 AM, PST)
Channel 4 [gb]
- The Jump: Beth Tweddle walks unaided following neck surgery (From The Guardian - TV News. 13 February 2016, 3:31 AM, PST)
- Ben Cohen joins The Jump (From Virgin Media - TV. 12 February 2016, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Britain’s Weirdest Council Houses review: are these homes hellish nightmares or artistic masterpieces? (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 February 2016, 11:20 PM, PST)