They are all celebrities “of a certain age,” still dominating their respective fields.
CNN recently put together a segment explaining how aging celebrities are changing the face of fame, putting to rest the notion that only the young embody Hollywood glamour.
America’s 80 million non-celebrity baby boomers are helping their favorite childhood stars stay in the spotlight through buying concert and movie tickets, according to the video.
“Right now you’ve got a serious financial problem with Millenials,” said Lesley Jane Seymor, editor-in-chief of More Magazine. “You now have to wake up and say, ‘Let's see, whose got the money to go to the movies?’ It’s people who have some economic power, and it’s not going to be just the 20-somethings.”
The Rolling Stones, who sold out several shows »
- Rebecca Klein
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Katie Holmes Shows off Bra, Skinny Waist in See-Through Black Dress (From Us Weekly. 17 September 2014, 6:24 AM, PDT)
- Katie Holmes Shows off Bra, Skinny Waist in See-Through Black Dress (From Us Weekly. 17 September 2014, 1:57 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Impressive 'Edge of Tomorrow' Practical Stunts and Explosions (From FirstShowing.net. 16 September 2014, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- Ellen DeGeneres Fools Dunkin' Donuts Customers With the Help of Fake Employee—Watch the Hilarious Clip! (From E! Online. 17 September 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- 6 Reasons Ryan Gosling Will Be the Best Dad Ever—With Pics! (From E! Online. 17 September 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- ‘Ellen,’ ‘Wendy Williams’ and ‘Live With Kelly & Michael’ Among Strong Syndie Starters (From Variety - TV News. 17 September 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Can 'Whiplash' win at Oscars for J.K. Simmons without any other nominations? (From Gold Derby. 17 September 2014, 4:47 AM, PDT)
- Thoughts I Had... While Looking at Posters for Three New Musicals (From FilmExperience. 16 September 2014, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Into the Woods: This Meryl Streep poster will give you the creeps (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 September 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)