Now Waterworld can be the B-movie it always wanted to be, thanks to the film company behind Sharktopus and Piranhaconda
With the benefit of hindsight, only an idiot could have expected 1995's Waterworld to be a blockbuster movie. It was an ecological parable about a messianic mutant fish-man who drinks his own wee and sells dirt for a living, for crying out loud. It's not exactly a mass-market premise.
It's not that the film shouldn't have been made; more that it shouldn't have been made as a po-faced prospective Oscar contender that cost more to produce than any other film in all of history. At heart, Waterworld was inherently a B-movie, the sort of film people end up watching drunkenly at 3am. Its soundtrack should have been performed on a kazoo and a rubber band stretched over a tissue box, not composed by James Newton Howard.
But now, finally, a »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News ItemsKevin Costner
- 20th Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Nominations, Golden Globes Comparison, Commentary & Predictions (From AreYouScreening. 16 December 2014, 8:04 PM, PST)
- "Birdman" Tops Critics' Choice Awards Nominations! See Full List! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 15 December 2014, 7:32 AM, PST)
- Critics' Choice Movie Awards: Birdman, Boyhood and The Grand Budapest Hotel Lead 2015's Nominees! (From E! Online. 15 December 2014, 7:30 AM, PST)
- '90210' Alum Trevor Donovan to Star in Amish Drama ‘Love Finds You in Charm’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 27 October 2014, 5:03 PM, PDT)
- ‘Damn Sea Vampires!’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 19 October 2014, 3:01 AM, PDT)
- Keith Robinson, Richard T. Jones to Star in TV Movie ‘Lyfe's Journey’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 10 October 2014, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- 'Willy Wonka,' 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Big Lebowski' added to National Film Registry (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 6:57 AM, PST)
- "Selma" to Open Palm Springs International Film Festival (From Manny the Movie Guy. 17 December 2014, 6:55 AM, PST)
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’, ‘Ferris Bueller’ & More Added To National Film Registry (From Deadline New York. 17 December 2014, 2:36 AM, PST)