Now Waterworld can be the B-movie it always wanted to be, thanks to the film company behind Sharktopus and Piranhaconda
With the benefit of hindsight, only an idiot could have expected 1995's Waterworld to be a blockbuster movie. It was an ecological parable about a messianic mutant fish-man who drinks his own wee and sells dirt for a living, for crying out loud. It's not exactly a mass-market premise.
It's not that the film shouldn't have been made; more that it shouldn't have been made as a po-faced prospective Oscar contender that cost more to produce than any other film in all of history. At heart, Waterworld was inherently a B-movie, the sort of film people end up watching drunkenly at 3am. Its soundtrack should have been performed on a kazoo and a rubber band stretched over a tissue box, not composed by James Newton Howard.
But now, finally, a »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News ItemsKevin Costner
- ‘Madonna: Truth or Dare’ Director on the Film’s Legacy, Lgbtq Impact, and David Fincher’s Next Projects (From The Film Stage. 26 August 2016, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Gal Gadot shares behind-the-scenes image of Wonder Woman from Batman v Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2016, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Film Festival Roundup: Hamptons Announces Signature Programs, Raindance Unveils Slate And More (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Debbie Gibson Returns to TV in Summer of Dreams - and Debuts a New Song! (From PEOPLE.com. 27 July 2016, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- ‘The X-Files’ and the Problem with TV’s Nostalgia Boom (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Competition: Win Steve Oram’s ‘Aaaaaaaah!’ on Blu-ray (From Blogomatic3000. 12 January 2016, 9:07 AM, PST)
- Bill Murray's Zombieland Cameo Wasn't Originally Written For Bill Murray (From LatinoReview. 28 August 2016, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Actor Stephen Lang, Director Fede Alvarez Advise You to ‘Don’t Breathe’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 26 August 2016, 2:35 AM, PDT)
- Lenny (From Trailers from Hell. 25 August 2016, 10:04 PM, PDT)