Now Waterworld can be the B-movie it always wanted to be, thanks to the film company behind Sharktopus and Piranhaconda
With the benefit of hindsight, only an idiot could have expected 1995's Waterworld to be a blockbuster movie. It was an ecological parable about a messianic mutant fish-man who drinks his own wee and sells dirt for a living, for crying out loud. It's not exactly a mass-market premise.
It's not that the film shouldn't have been made; more that it shouldn't have been made as a po-faced prospective Oscar contender that cost more to produce than any other film in all of history. At heart, Waterworld was inherently a B-movie, the sort of film people end up watching drunkenly at 3am. Its soundtrack should have been performed on a kazoo and a rubber band stretched over a tissue box, not composed by James Newton Howard.
But now, finally, a »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News ItemsKevin Costner
- 23 years ago today, Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ opened in theaters (From Hitfix. 25 November 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Kevin Costner To Narrate Mma Docu ‘Hurt Business’; ‘Kickboxer’ Remake Sequel A Go (From Deadline. 24 November 2015, 7:25 PM, PST)
- ‘Hollywood Banker’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 21 November 2015, 6:18 AM, PST)
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Scorpion, Quantico, Major Crimes, Castle, Blindspot, Supergirl and More (From TVLine.com. 18 October 2015, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- 10 Most Ridiculous Horror Movie Villains (From Obsessed with Film. 16 October 2015, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- 9 of the craziest post-Jaws shark movies, from Jaws in Japan to Sharknado (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 20 June 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Turkey Leftovers (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- First clip from ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ hits; Welcome to the ‘Panda Village’ (From The Hollywood News. 27 November 2015, 8:23 AM, PST)
- Saif Ali Khan to star in an Indian adaptation of Jon Favreau’s critically acclaimed Chef” (From Bollyspice. 25 November 2015, 11:14 PM, PST)