Robert Pattinson recently shared his ‘Breaking Dawn – Part 2′ with Flicks and Bits, where he spoke about working with the massive cast, the preparation for the battle, how he felt working with Bill Condon and what he thought about reaching the end of his ‘Twilight’ journey. Read more below:
What have you taken away from this final film in particular, working with this group of people? This series is almost like High School or College, every year you’re thrown back together with this group of people – with some new people, new classmates, teachers – to me it sort of has that feeling….
Robert Pattinson: Yeah. We’ve all had a massively formative experience together. It is sort of the same thing as going to College or High School. We’re all sort of around the same age as well, which is more unusual with a film. That usually doesn’t happen. It was a long haul for the last one, it definitely felt like an ending. Suddenly there was an enormous amount of new cast, we were doing scenes with 30 people in it, massive fight scenes. It seemed big, and you did feel like it turned into a juggernaut by that point. And then ending with me and Kristen, that was the final thing we shot. It was like, “Ah yeah, Edward and Bella, off into the sunset.” (Laughs).
Without giving too much away about the battle, what was that like to actually film? That’s certainly a bigger, more epic moment than what we’ve seen in any of the previous ‘Twilight’ movies. Did you do extra physical training for that?
Robert Pattinson: Yeah. I’d read that in the script before I read the book, so when it got to that moment I was thinking, “What?! Ok, you’re really going for it.” But it was crazy, just turning up – it felt like a vampire movie (laughs). But no, it was definitely exciting shooting that. Training wise, not really, and we were doing a lot of the choreography kind of on the fly – because people kept getting injured, so we kept having to change it (laughs). But it was fun. There was one massive shot, there’s like a 70 foot jump into a punch, that was pretty fun to shoot.
How was it working with Bill Condon on the final two movies?
Robert Pattinson: It was insanely different to work with Bill Condon, he’s not only sympathetic to actors but he’s also a great writer as well. He did a lot of work on the script for like three weeks before we started shooting. He also kept his cool the entire time, which is very difficult on a really long and quite hard shoot – filming two movies in one swoop. Bill’s great though, he really made us feel like we were a part of the creative process.
Its been an incredible journey for you with these films, and I’m sure you’ve been asked this for the last two years now, but how’s it like now, with everything – promotion, premiers, interviews – set to be completed in the next few weeks?
Robert Pattinson: It’s definitely going to be strange in a few weeks when its all gone – until the DVD release (laughs). People have been asking for ages how I would feel when it would be over, but I never really knew. Then suddenly seeing the time frame getting smaller and smaller, it is slightly worrying (laughs). I still don’t know! I don’t think I’ve ever felt more completely bewildered, knowing that I only have a few more weeks of ‘Twilight’ stuff left to do.
Read the full interview at Flicks and Bits. »
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- Charlie Hunnam Captivates on Screen, but He's Even Better in Real Life (From BuzzSugar. 28 April 2017, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- A24 After ‘Moonlight’: Why They’re Finally Ready To Conquer the Older Arthouse Crowd (From Indiewire. 27 April 2017, 12:47 PM, PDT)
- A24 After ‘Moonlight:’ Why They’re Finally Ready To Conquer the Older Arthouse Crowd (From Thompson on Hollywood. 27 April 2017, 12:47 PM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Amazon’s take on ‘The Tick’ gets a debut date (From Blogomatic3000. 27 April 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- The Tick gets an Amazon air date and a new trailer (From The Hollywood News. 26 April 2017, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Twilight: Robert Pattinson leaves door open to another film (From Den of Geek. 20 April 2017, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Emma Watson would “love to do a sequel” to Beauty and the Beast (From Flickeringmyth. 30 April 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Emma Watson Game To Reprise As Belle For Another Beauty And The Beast Movie (From We Got This Covered. 28 April 2017, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys unveils Belle collectible figure from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (From Flickeringmyth. 26 April 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)