Silver Linings Playbook, 2012.
Written and Directed by David O. Russell.
David O. Russell has had a sporadic career and Silver Linings Playbook proves that he is definitely back on track. This delightful drama is the perfect blend of comedy and romance whilst also delving into the touchy subject of mental illness.
Silver Linings’ success lies with the chemistry between Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. Their scenes are heartfelt, humorous and a joy to watch. What is perceived as cliché in some films, clicks within the context of this bizarre story. Although it doesn’t deliver anything new in the sense of its standard romantic drama, both »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Mockingjay Part 2 – Geek Girl Navigating the World (From Boomtron. 29 November 2015, 4:28 PM, PST)
- Moviegoers Feasted on Mockingjays, Dinosaurs, and Boxers at the Thanksgiving Weekend Box Office (From Vulture. 29 November 2015, 2:16 PM, PST)
- Carey Mulligan On Sexism, Feminism, Pay Gaps and Jennifer Lawrence (From Vulture. 29 November 2015, 10:13 AM, PST)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- 'Joy' debuts to strong Oscar buzz for Jennifer Lawrence and David O. Russell (From Gold Derby. 29 November 2015, 4:26 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Says ‘Joy’ Is Salute to ‘Women Who Are Unsung Heroes’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 November 2015, 9:42 PM, PST)
- A first crack at SAG predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 27 November 2015, 1:28 PM, PST)
Robert De Niro
- New Joy TV Spot: Jennifer Lawrence Still Lives With Her Parents (From Vulture. 29 November 2015, 6:16 PM, PST)
- 'Joy' Marks a Reunion, Breaks New Ground for Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper and David O. Russell (Q & A) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 November 2015, 12:48 PM, PST)
- Watch the new trailer for Joy starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 10:10 AM, PST)