No debate moderator comes out of the experience completely unscathed, but ABC News Foreign Affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz’s performance in the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan — watched by 51.4 million viewers — was met with largely positive reviews. In an interview originally published in October, Raddatz talks to EW about what goes into moderating a huge political debate.
For more stories behind this year’s top TV and movie moments, click here for EW.com’s Best of 2012: Behind the Scenes coverage.
Entertainment Weekly: How were you asked to be a moderator?
Martha Raddatz: I »
- Stephan Lee
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Jake Tapper Swats Away CNN Anchor for Asking if Obama Attacked Gop Critics in Mandela Eulogy (From Mediaite - TV. 10 December 2013, 10:24 AM, PST)
- President Barack Obama Takes Selfie With World Leaders at Nelson Mandela's Memorial Service (From E! Online. 10 December 2013, 9:28 AM, PST)
- CBS This Morning Captures Nelson Mandela’s Spirit by Playing… Toto’s ‘Africa’? (From Mediaite - TV. 10 December 2013, 8:57 AM, PST)
ABC News [us]
- Ben Affleck opens up about relationship with wife Jennifer Garner (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 2:06 AM, PST)
- Pink keen to expand family (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 2:05 AM, PST)
- Britney Spears believes having a daughter will make her less lonely (From RealBollywood. 9 December 2013, 10:07 PM, PST)
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (1996)
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video) (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 8:13 AM, PST)
- Jon Stewart Bashes ‘World of Warcraft’ Gamers, Mocks Nsa in Carly Rae Jepsen Song Spoof (Video) (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 7:55 AM, PST)
- Jorge Ramos on Daily Show: Without Immigration Reform, Gop ‘Can Say Adios to the White House’ (From Mediaite - TV. 6 December 2013, 8:33 AM, PST)