No debate moderator comes out of the experience completely unscathed, but ABC News Foreign Affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz’s performance in the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan — watched by 51.4 million viewers — was met with largely positive reviews. In an interview originally published in October, Raddatz talks to EW about what goes into moderating a huge political debate.
For more stories behind this year’s top TV and movie moments, click here for EW.com’s Best of 2012: Behind the Scenes coverage.
Entertainment Weekly: How were you asked to be a moderator?
Martha Raddatz: I »
- Stephan Lee
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Seth Meyers Slams Trump for Getting ‘Trolled’ by Obama (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 June 2017, 8:23 AM, PDT)
- Stephen Colbert Returns From Russia With a Mock Apology for Trump (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 June 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Joe Biden Gets Delaware Pool Named After Him 55 Years After Working There as Lifeguard (From PEOPLE.com. 26 June 2017, 5:56 PM, PDT)
ABC News [us]
- Even the Secret Service Wore Sarongs! The Obamas Visit Bali Temple on Trip to Barack’s Childhood Home of Indonesia (From PEOPLE.com. 27 June 2017, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: Here’s the story of Theresa May’s failed campaign as told by Monty Python (From The AV Club. 26 June 2017, 2:34 PM, PDT)
- Barack Obama Goes River Rafting with His Family in Bali During Vacation to His Childhood Home of Indonesia (From PEOPLE.com. 26 June 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
"The Daily Show" (1996)
- Ratings: Megyn Kelly Hits New Lows (From TVLine.com. 26 June 2017, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Hackers ‘The Dark Overlord’ Suspended From Twitter (From Indiewire. 24 June 2017, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Hackers ‘The Dark Overlord’ Suspended From Twitter (From Indiewire Television. 24 June 2017, 2:54 PM, PDT)