No debate moderator comes out of the experience completely unscathed, but ABC News Foreign Affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz’s performance in the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan — watched by 51.4 million viewers — was met with largely positive reviews. In an interview originally published in October, Raddatz talks to EW about what goes into moderating a huge political debate.
For more stories behind this year’s top TV and movie moments, click here for EW.com’s Best of 2012: Behind the Scenes coverage.
Entertainment Weekly: How were you asked to be a moderator?
Martha Raddatz: I »
- Stephan Lee
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- John Oliver Slams Obama’s Foreign Trips: We’ve Made Him Sad, So He’s Leaving The Country To Find Love (From Mediaite - TV. 19 June 2013, 8:31 PM, PDT)
- Michelle Obama Wows In Carolina Herrera At Dinner In Berlin (From HollywoodLife. 19 June 2013, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Ari Melber Trashes Obama, Washington For ‘Orwellian’ Defense Of ‘Transparent’ Fisa Courts (From Mediaite - TV. 19 June 2013, 2:31 PM, PDT)
ABC News [us]
- Dan Abrams to Anchor 'Nightline'; Terry Moran Becomes ABC Chief Foreign Correspondent (From The Wrap. 19 June 2013, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Update: Dan Abrams Named New ‘Nightline’ Anchor As Terry Moran To Move To London (From Deadline TV. 19 June 2013, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- New Twitter account casts Taylor Swift as feminist (From RealBollywood. 19 June 2013, 5:07 AM, PDT)
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (1996)
- 'Daily Show': John Oliver, Mick Foley Join WWE's Thoughtful Immigration Debate (Video) (From The Wrap. 19 June 2013, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Look: Anderson Cooper Gets Animated (From Huffington Post. 19 June 2013, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- The Televerse #94- Slings & Arrows with Todd VanDerWerff (From SoundOnSight. 18 June 2013, 7:35 PM, PDT)