No debate moderator comes out of the experience completely unscathed, but ABC News Foreign Affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz’s performance in the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan — watched by 51.4 million viewers — was met with largely positive reviews. In an interview originally published in October, Raddatz talks to EW about what goes into moderating a huge political debate.
For more stories behind this year’s top TV and movie moments, click here for EW.com’s Best of 2012: Behind the Scenes coverage.
Entertainment Weekly: How were you asked to be a moderator?
Martha Raddatz: I »
- Stephan Lee
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Zach Galifianakis & Jon Hamm Will Try 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' (From FirstShowing.net. 14 March 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- George Lucas, USC School of Cinematic Arts Installs New Endowed Chairs (From The Hollywood Reporter. 14 March 2014, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Obama: Zach Galifianakis Was 'Pretty Nervous' on 'Between Two Ferns' (From Rolling Stone. 14 March 2014, 1:20 PM, PDT)
ABC News [us]
- Where Is Malaysia Flight 370? 6 New Theories (and 2 That Led Nowhere) (From PEOPLE.com. 14 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Elizabeth Vargas' husband Marc Cohn has 'no comment' on affair rumor (From Pop2it. 14 March 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Slams Affair Claims as "Vicious Rumors" (From E! Online. 14 March 2014, 7:14 AM, PDT)
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (1996)
- Fox News' Eric Bolling fires back at Jon Stewart after 'Daily Show' diss (From Pop2it. 14 March 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Daily Show’ Exposes $172 Million in Federal Penis Pump Spending (Video) (From The Wrap. 13 March 2014, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- 13 Incredible Creations For Bacon Lovers (From Obsessed with Film. 13 March 2014, 2:24 AM, PDT)