No debate moderator comes out of the experience completely unscathed, but ABC News Foreign Affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz’s performance in the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan — watched by 51.4 million viewers — was met with largely positive reviews. In an interview originally published in October, Raddatz talks to EW about what goes into moderating a huge political debate.
For more stories behind this year’s top TV and movie moments, click here for EW.com’s Best of 2012: Behind the Scenes coverage.
Entertainment Weekly: How were you asked to be a moderator?
Martha Raddatz: I »
- Stephan Lee
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Watch 'SNL' Honor Barack Obama With Touching 'To Sir, With Love' (From Rolling Stone. 22 January 2017, 10:17 AM, PST)
- Sundance Notes: On Political Action in Park City (From Filmmaker Magazine. 22 January 2017, 10:04 AM, PST)
- Kellyanne Conway Defends White House’s Falsehoods as ‘Alternative Facts’ (From PEOPLE.com. 22 January 2017, 8:41 AM, PST)
ABC News [us]
- CNN Declines to Air White House Press Conference Live (From Variety - TV News. 21 January 2017, 4:58 PM, PST)
- These Aerial Views of Women’s Marches From Across the Globe Are Breathtaking (From PEOPLE.com. 21 January 2017, 1:24 PM, PST)
- Person Shot Outside Anti-Trump Protest at the University of Washington (From PEOPLE.com. 21 January 2017, 5:22 AM, PST)
"The Daily Show" (1996)
- Sundance Review: ‘The Incredible Jessica James’ Earns Laughs And Aggravates (From The Film Stage. 21 January 2017, 3:58 PM, PST)
- ‘I Am My Ancestors’ Dream’: Read Jessica Williams’ Moving Speech from the Women’s March at Sundance (From PEOPLE.com. 21 January 2017, 2:46 PM, PST)
- ‘The Incredible Jessica James’ Review: Jessica Williams Sparkles in Romcom Charmer [Sundance] (From Slash Film. 21 January 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)