Brad Pitt is getting into the TV business.
His production company, Plan B, and HBO are developing a drama called "Paper" about a former gangster working as a debt collector, Variety reports. It's based on a New Yorker article called "Pay Up" by Jake Halpern.
Pitt and Dede Gardner will executive produce, and Wells Tower is on board to write a pilot script.
More TV news and notes:
- Comedy Central host and avowed J.R.R. Tolkien fan Stephen Colbert will be all "Hobbit," all the time next week on "The Colbert Report." His guests for the week include "The Hobbit" director Peter Jackson (Wednesday) and three of the movie's stars: Ian McKellen (Monday), Martin Freeman (Tuesday) and Andy Serkis (Thursday). [EW]
- Nickelodeon has picked up "Sam & Cat," a combination spinoff of "iCarly" and "Victorious" that follows the adventures of "iCarly's" Sam (Jennette McCurdy) and "Victorious'" Cat (Ariana Grande) as they become BFFs and roommates. »
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Inside the War of the Jolie-Pitts: How Brad and Angelina Went from Bitter Enemies to Friends (From E! Online. 27 April 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- The zombies live! David Fincher is set to direct World War Z 2, starring Brad Pitt (From HeyUGuys. 27 April 2017, 3:43 AM, PDT)
- David Fincher close to directing World War Z sequel (From Flickeringmyth. 27 April 2017, 1:34 AM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Kong: Skull Island Director Likely Won’t Return For Another Film (From LRM Online. 24 April 2017, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Three more join the cast of Peter Jackson’s Mortal Engines (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2017, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Arrow Star Colin Salmon One Of Three New Additions To Mortal Engines (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot (From Deadline TV. 26 April 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- The Lion King, Cars 3, the Jurassic World sequel, and more make our daily news roundup! (From Cineplex. 26 April 2017, 2:37 PM, PDT)
- Vancouver Film: "Ollie" (aka "The Predator"), "Game Over Man", "Stingray" (From SneakPeek. 26 April 2017, 6:29 AM, PDT)