What’s worse than a red room of pain? Hollywood and copyright.
Smash Pictures Inc., the makers of Fifty Shades of Grey: a XXX Adaptation, a porn movie version of the kinky bestseller, are being sued by Universal Studios (which acquired the rights to make a film version) and Fifty Shades Ltd. (a U.K. licensing company) for copyright infringement and false advertising, among other charges.
“Defendants knowing and willful violation of Plaintiffs’ copyrights in E L James’s bestselling novels Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed (the “Fifty Shades Trilogy”) by way of »
- Erin Strecker
Similar News ItemsFifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- Friday Box Office: Holdovers Still in Charge as Terminator Genisys and Magic Mike Xxl Stumble into Holiday Frame (From Collider.com. 4 July 2015, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Hello Kitty Being Developed As Feature Film, World Collectively Falls Into Despair (From We Got This Covered. 3 July 2015, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Sam Smith rules himself out of Bond theme for Spectre: 'I heard Ellie Goulding's doing it' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 July 2015, 2:13 AM, PDT)
- 9 Documentary Festival Favorites Streaming on Netflix (From Indiewire. 2 July 2015, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- Skrillex Will Melt Your Heart in His New Candid Interview with Katie Couric—Top 5 Reasons We're Obsessed with the Edm DJ! (From E! Online. 30 June 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- John Oliver To Media: Transgender Medical Choices “None Of Your F*cking Business” (From Deadline TV. 29 June 2015, 7:21 AM, PDT)
E.L. James (II)
- Review: 'Orange Is the New Black' - 'Tongue-Tied/Fear, and Other Smells' (From Hitfix. 3 July 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 9 Juicy Things We Learned About Fifty Shades of Grey and E L James (From BuzzSugar. 30 June 2015, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- El James’ Twitter Q&A Taken Over By Trolling Critics (From Uinterview. 30 June 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)