What’s worse than a red room of pain? Hollywood and copyright.
Smash Pictures Inc., the makers of Fifty Shades of Grey: a XXX Adaptation, a porn movie version of the kinky bestseller, are being sued by Universal Studios (which acquired the rights to make a film version) and Fifty Shades Ltd. (a U.K. licensing company) for copyright infringement and false advertising, among other charges.
“Defendants knowing and willful violation of Plaintiffs’ copyrights in E L James’s bestselling novels Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed (the “Fifty Shades Trilogy”) by way of »
- Erin Strecker
Similar News ItemsFifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- Max Martini, Ryan Kwanten to Co-Star in Amazon’s Western Pilot ‘Edge’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 30 July 2015, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Southpaw' and 'Paper Towns', Talking Rubes, Adam Sandler & More (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 July 2015, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- Here's a first look at Jamie Dornan and Cillian Murphy's war drama Anthropoid (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 July 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Today’ Keeps Ratings Momentum Alive; ‘Good Morning America’ Still On Top (From The Wrap. 30 July 2015, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Stars Share Heartfelt Tributes to Bobbi Kristina Brown (From Popsugar. 27 July 2015, 8:47 AM, PDT)
- Katie Couric, Ze Frank Talk The Power Of Social Video, How Motion Pictures Are Animated GIFs (From Tubefilter News. 24 July 2015, 1:10 PM, PDT)
E.L. James (II)
- Henry Cavill plays down Fifty Shades rumours (From Den of Geek. 22 July 2015, 10:36 PM, PDT)
- Henry Cavill Teases Possibility Of Fifty Shades Darker Role (From We Got This Covered. 22 July 2015, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- From ‘Minions’ to ‘Jurassic World,’ Universal Shows You Don’t Need Superheroes for Record Year (From Variety - Film News. 12 July 2015, 11:41 AM, PDT)