What’s worse than a red room of pain? Hollywood and copyright.
Smash Pictures Inc., the makers of Fifty Shades of Grey: a XXX Adaptation, a porn movie version of the kinky bestseller, are being sued by Universal Studios (which acquired the rights to make a film version) and Fifty Shades Ltd. (a U.K. licensing company) for copyright infringement and false advertising, among other charges.
“Defendants knowing and willful violation of Plaintiffs’ copyrights in E L James’s bestselling novels Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed (the “Fifty Shades Trilogy”) by way of »
- Erin Strecker
Similar News ItemsFifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Reveals Why Wife Sam Taylor-Johnson Didn't Cast Him in Fifty Shades of Grey (From E! Online. 15 April 2014, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Beaten by 'Captain Underpants' as Most Challenged Book (From The Hollywood Reporter. 14 April 2014, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- 'Fifty Shades Of Grey': Hear The Surprising Story Behind Rita Ora's Part (From MTV Movie News. 14 April 2014, 7:03 AM, PDT)
- When Mayim Bialik Starts Dating Again, She's Calling Katie Couric (From E! Online. 11 April 2014, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fed Up’ Trailer Preaches a Sad Truth to a Chubby Choir (From FilmSchoolRejects. 11 April 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Fed Up’, a documentary produced by Katie Couric, releases its first trailer (From SoundOnSight. 10 April 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
Universal Studios [us]
- Universal Studios Hollywood Premieres “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” (From Hollywoodnews.com. 13 April 2014, 5:22 PM, PDT)
- Universal Studios to Build $2 Billion Hollywood-Themed Resort in Beijing (From The Hollywood Reporter. 4 March 2014, 8:08 PM, PST)
- Universal Pictures Chairman Donna Langley Re-Ups To 2017, Adds Oversight Of International And Marketing Divisions (From Deadline New York. 26 January 2014, 4:00 PM, PST)