What’s worse than a red room of pain? Hollywood and copyright.
Smash Pictures Inc., the makers of Fifty Shades of Grey: a XXX Adaptation, a porn movie version of the kinky bestseller, are being sued by Universal Studios (which acquired the rights to make a film version) and Fifty Shades Ltd. (a U.K. licensing company) for copyright infringement and false advertising, among other charges.
“Defendants knowing and willful violation of Plaintiffs’ copyrights in E L James’s bestselling novels Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed (the “Fifty Shades Trilogy”) by way of »
- Erin Strecker
Similar News ItemsFifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- It's Ok to Be Attracted to Jamie Dornan When He Plays Total Psychos (From BuzzSugar. 8 October 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Female-Driven Movies Make Money, So Why Aren’t More Being Made? (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- How Women in Hollywood Are Finally Taking a Stand Against Sexism (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Celebrities Stand With Lizzie Velasquez To Fight Back Against Bullies (From Tubefilter News. 2 October 2015, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Food Education Doc 'Fed Up' to Become Available For Every Teacher in America (From Indiewire. 1 October 2015, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- 'Fed Up' Documentary Team Launches Ambitious Kickstarter to Make Film Available to Every Teacher in America (From Indiewire. 31 August 2015, 1:20 PM, PDT)
E.L. James (II)
- E.L. James Posts 'Fifty Shades Darker' and 'Freed' Teases With Sequel Director (From Moviefone. 7 October 2015, 5:14 AM, PDT)
- Jamie Dornan Hits the Beach in Ibiza—Let These Shirtless Shots Tide You Over Until Fifty Shades Darker (From E! Online. 22 September 2015, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Dakota Johnson Shares 'Fifty Shades Darker' Update, Gets Sexy New Props (From Moviefone. 18 September 2015, 8:20 AM, PDT)