What’s worse than a red room of pain? Hollywood and copyright.
Smash Pictures Inc., the makers of Fifty Shades of Grey: a XXX Adaptation, a porn movie version of the kinky bestseller, are being sued by Universal Studios (which acquired the rights to make a film version) and Fifty Shades Ltd. (a U.K. licensing company) for copyright infringement and false advertising, among other charges.
“Defendants knowing and willful violation of Plaintiffs’ copyrights in E L James’s bestselling novels Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed (the “Fifty Shades Trilogy”) by way of »
- Erin Strecker
Similar News ItemsFifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- 2017 Razzies Nominations Announced, 'Zoolander 2' Earns Most Nominations (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 January 2017, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Razzie Awards Expands to 6 Contenders in Each Category Because 2016 Was ‘Cinematic Crap’ (From The Wrap. 23 January 2017, 5:30 AM, PST)
- Melanie Griffith Posts Sweet Photo of Her ‘Beautiful’ Mom Tippi Hedren at Her 87th Birthday Party (From PEOPLE.com. 20 January 2017, 3:02 PM, PST)
- Katie Couric Gushes Over Husband John Molner: 'I Feel Really Lucky' (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 January 2017, 7:03 AM, PST)
- ‘This Is Us’ Renewed For Two More Seasons; Katie Couric and Brian Tyree Henry Guest-Starring Soon (From Slash Film. 20 January 2017, 4:00 AM, PST)
- First Look: John Mellencamp Addresses Black Lives Matter Movement in New ‘Easy Target’ Video Ahead of Trump Inauguration (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 3:32 PM, PST)
E.L. James (II)
- A Jamie Dornan Retrospective (From Flickeringmyth. 19 January 2017, 11:30 PM, PST)
- Alien: Covenant, Fifty Shades Darker, Rings and more cover our weekly round-up (From Cineplex. 6 January 2017, 7:03 AM, PST)
- New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer: Things Get Hot, Heavy and Pretty Creepy (From Movies.com. 3 January 2017, 1:31 PM, PST)