Child stars in pop culture are like pet alligators. They're cute when young, but they often get flushed before they grow big.
VH1 counts down the top kid stars of the past two decades in the five-part special "100 Greatest Kid Stars," a nostalgic look back at the biggest names in TV, music and entertainment who burst onto the scene as kids. Hosted by Catherine Reitman -- daughter of "Ghostbusters" director Ivan Reitman and once a child actress herself -- the special includes old and new interviews and early performance footage from when the stars were kids.
The countdown begins Thursday, Nov. 29, and concludes Sunday, Dec. 2.
It includes such recent stars as Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and Dakota Fanning as well as Candace Cameron, Michelle Williams, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anna Paquin and Jonathan Taylor Thomas, who grew up on-screen during the '90s. It's also a nostalgic look back at the shows »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 October 2014, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp Makes His Debut as the Big Bad Wolf, Marvel Releases First Look at Mockingbird Suit + More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 22 October 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber -- Sick Hockey Goal ... Seriously, It's Impressive (From TMZ. 22 October 2014, 5:38 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Hyland Is "Doing Great" After Boyfriend Drama (From Popsugar. 22 October 2014, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- The Snap: The Real Reasons Horror Classics are Still Scary (From Hitfix. 22 October 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- TMZ Live: Gwyneth & Chris -- The Gold Standard of Hollywood Separations (From TMZ. 22 October 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Neil Patrick Harris, Chelsea Handler Make Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People List (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 October 2014, 3:54 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Gives an Assist to Ariana Grande and Her Diva Status (From National Ledger. 21 October 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Barbara Walters Returns for ‘Most Fascinating People’ Special (From The Wrap. 21 October 2014, 9:36 AM, PDT)