Following the admission of an extramarital affair with his biographer, David Petraeus resigned from his position as CIA Director earlier this month. He's remained mum on the scandal in the weeks since, but now has opened up about how "I screwed up royally" in a new letter that he wrote to a friend.
The letter was revealed courtesy of Daily Mail. It was sent last week to one of Petraeus's closest friends, retired Brigadier General James Shelton. Shelton reportedly "considers himself a father figure to [Petraeus]."
In the letter, Petraeus writes that he "screwed up royally" and seemingly confirms that his wife Holly is extremely angry with him. However, he claims that "Team Petraeus will survive" and that he is "incredibly fortunate" to have married the woman that he did.
Shelton tells the Daily Mail, "I never knew David as being a woman chaser -- he never gave a damn about anybody other than Holly. »
Similar News ItemsDavid Petraeus
- Team Rubicon Honors A&E’s Nancy Dubuc (From Variety - TV News. 8 November 2014, 8:54 AM, PST)
- Homeland Review: “From A To B And Back Again” (Season 4, Episode 6) (From We Got This Covered. 2 November 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- 'Meet the Press' pays tribute to David Gregory (From EW.com - Inside TV. 17 August 2014, 9:46 AM, PDT)
Jim Shelton (II)
- Convergence: The Making of Divergent (From Flickeringmyth. 2 May 2014, 7:38 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus releases 'Jolene' video: Did she do Dolly Parton proud? (From Pop2it. 26 December 2012, 4:03 PM, PST)
- Miley Cyrus Releases Cover Of ' Jolene' (From Huffington Post. 26 December 2012, 10:00 AM, PST)