Being a filmmaker and the son of David Cronenberg surely comes with both benefits and pressures; and with that, David’s influence is undoubtedly evident in Brandon Cronenberg’s first feature, Antiviral.
Exploring celebrity obsession, the film is set in an unknown time where people pay to be infected with the same virus celebrities have recently recovered from. As a plot premise this easily slots into David’s cannon of work – his often dubbed “body shock” horrors – and in keeping with many of his sci-fi settings, Brandon’s debut occurs in a morally dubious future, not so far removed from today’s society...allowing for a degree of plausibility throughout.
As a character admits: "I don't think dignity is still valid currency," - perfectly reflecting the murky world of Antiviral. In order to feel closer and more "connected" to celebrities those with enough cash visit The Lucas Clinic (“for the »
Similar News ItemsDavid Cronenberg
- Actor Woods Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Targets Twitter Users: Slander Case or Attack on Freedom of Speech Online? (From Alt Film Guide. 31 August 2015, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Frightfest 2015: ‘Bite’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 31 August 2015, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- Video Essay: "Shapes of Rage" (From MUBI. 31 August 2015, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- BFI London Film Festival 2015 Line-Up announced with Gala screenings of Steve Jobs, High-Rise, Trumbo, Black Mass, Carol & Suffragette (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Round-Up: Old 37 Trailer, Kids Vs Monsters / I Spit On Your Grave 3 Release Details (From DailyDead. 1 September 2015, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- 'Kids Vs Monsters' Trailer: It's a Fight to the Death (From MovieWeb. 25 August 2015, 4:20 PM, PDT)
- Likely Story adds cast on ‘Indignation’ (From ScreenDaily. 15 June 2015, 4:53 PM, PDT)
- James Schamus Adds Trio to Directorial Debut Indignation (From Thompson on Hollywood. 15 June 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Danny Burstein, Tracy Letts, Linda Emond Cast in James Schmaus’ ‘Indignation’ (From The Wrap. 15 June 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)