Being a filmmaker and the son of David Cronenberg surely comes with both benefits and pressures; and with that, David’s influence is undoubtedly evident in Brandon Cronenberg’s first feature, Antiviral.
Exploring celebrity obsession, the film is set in an unknown time where people pay to be infected with the same virus celebrities have recently recovered from. As a plot premise this easily slots into David’s cannon of work – his often dubbed “body shock” horrors – and in keeping with many of his sci-fi settings, Brandon’s debut occurs in a morally dubious future, not so far removed from today’s society...allowing for a degree of plausibility throughout.
As a character admits: "I don't think dignity is still valid currency," - perfectly reflecting the murky world of Antiviral. In order to feel closer and more "connected" to celebrities those with enough cash visit The Lucas Clinic (“for the »
Similar News ItemsDavid Cronenberg
- New ‘Friday the 13th’ TV Series Will Feature Jason Voorhees and “His Wacky Family” (From Slash Film. 24 April 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Tom Hardy & Steven Knight Discuss Their One-Man Gamble In The Risky, Mesmerizing ‘Locke’ (From The Playlist. 24 April 2014, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Cs Video: Tom Hardy's Performance Drives Steven Knight's Locke (From Comingsoon.net. 24 April 2014)
- Full Texas Frightmare Weekend Schedule Unleashed! (From Dread Central. 14 April 2014, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Special Screening of Dawn of the Dead with George A. Romero, Tom Savini, David Emge, and Scott Reiniger (From DailyDead. 9 April 2014, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Texas Frightmare Lineup Boasting One Hell of a Lineup! (From Icons of Fright. 7 April 2014, 1:06 PM, PDT)
Caleb Landry Jones
- Shoot wraps on Heaven Knows What (From ScreenDaily. 23 April 2014, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Safdie Brothers Wrap Latest Project, Form Filmmaker-Driven Indie Studio (From The Wrap. 23 April 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- X-Men's Caleb Landry Jones in talks for gay rights film Stonewall (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 April 2014, 6:37 AM, PDT)