Being a filmmaker and the son of David Cronenberg surely comes with both benefits and pressures; and with that, David’s influence is undoubtedly evident in Brandon Cronenberg’s first feature, Antiviral.
Exploring celebrity obsession, the film is set in an unknown time where people pay to be infected with the same virus celebrities have recently recovered from. As a plot premise this easily slots into David’s cannon of work – his often dubbed “body shock” horrors – and in keeping with many of his sci-fi settings, Brandon’s debut occurs in a morally dubious future, not so far removed from today’s society...allowing for a degree of plausibility throughout.
As a character admits: "I don't think dignity is still valid currency," - perfectly reflecting the murky world of Antiviral. In order to feel closer and more "connected" to celebrities those with enough cash visit The Lucas Clinic (“for the »
Similar News ItemsDavid Cronenberg
- Nyff: Seeing Isn't Believing in 'Maps to the Stars' (From FilmExperience. 29 September 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Julianne Moore Jumps Into Awards Race With Oscar Qualifying Runs For Both 'Maps To The Stars' & 'Still Alice' (From The Playlist. 29 September 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- Yes, Maps to the Stars Will Get an Oscar-Qualifying Run (From Vulture. 29 September 2014, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Franklin & Bash: Season Four Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 September 2014, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Tsr Exclusive: ‘The Guest’ Interview with Director Adam Wingard, Writer Simon Barrett, and Actor Dan Stevens (From Scorecard Review. 17 September 2014, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- Free Fall Brings Horror to Elevators This October (From ShockYa. 10 September 2014, 5:43 PM, PDT)
- Int’l Box Office Update: ‘The Equalizer’ Clocks $19M In Debut; ‘Maze Runner’ Races To $92.3M; ‘Gone Girl’ On Deck; More (From Deadline New York. 29 September 2014, 5:41 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Maps to the Stars (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2014, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 50 Pairs of Passes to ‘Dracula Untold’ With Luke Evans (From HollywoodChicago.com. 27 September 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)