Seems a guy named Lance Ford wanted to take that unexpected Journey as well, and has mashed up the trailer for "The Hobbit" with some choice cuts from 1985's best kids booby trapped pirate treasure romp.
Of course there's an extra layer of humor given that Sean Astin, he who portrayed Samwise the Brave in Peter Jackson's original "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, also starred in "Goonies" back when he didn't need CGI trickery to appear tiny.
Casting pock-faced Robert Davi as Gandalf is a little jarring, but it works, and you just know who appears in place of Gollum… "Sloth… Loves… Precious!!!"
- Max Evry
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Disney Finds Its Pete For ‘Pete’s Dragon’ Remake (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2014, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Tusk Is Probably the Most Talky Movie About a Guy Being Turned Into a Walrus You’ll Ever See (From Vulture. 19 September 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- The Snap: Everything Wrong With Urban Outfitters (From Hitfix. 18 September 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Altitude to sell zombie horror Wyrmwood (From ScreenDaily. 19 September 2014, 6:14 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hiddleston Cast in King Kong Movie Follow-Up Skull Island (From E! Online. 17 September 2014, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in King Kong Prequel, Skull Island (From Worst Previews. 16 September 2014, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Radcliffe Visits Marijuana Café While in Amsterdam—See the Happy Pic! (From E! Online. 18 September 2014, 8:24 PM, PDT)
- Joan Rivers’ Selfie-Snapping Doctor Revealed as Throat Specialist to the Stars (Report) (From The Wrap. 17 September 2014, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Wild Tales, Gone Girl bookend Athens (From ScreenDaily. 17 September 2014, 8:11 AM, PDT)