We live in a society where the oldies are taking over. By 2018, older people will outnumber children for the first time. Over the next 30 years the number of over-65s is forecast to almost double, from 506 million in 2008 to 1.3 billion. And if you’ve turned on your TV in the past decade, you’ll have noticed that the ad men having let this fact slip by them.
Magazines, movies and music may still be obsessed with the cult of youth, but increasingly adverts are being aimed at the elderly, and with good reason. As well as creating ads for more products aimed at older customers, advertisers are bucking the youth-oriented trend, and switching the glowing supermodels for wrinkles, and featuring the elderly in their ads.
Usually done with a good dose of humour, it’s had a surprising effect on the way we view old people, challenging the stereotypes, and »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow Reunite for Friends Round on Celebrity Name Game (From TVLine.com. 24 September 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘SNL’s’ Latina Cast Member Controversy: Melissa Villaseñor Deleted Racist Tweets (From Indiewire Television. 24 September 2016, 9:24 AM, PDT)
- ‘SNL’s’ Latina Cast Member Controversy: Melissa Villaseñor Deleted Racist Tweets (From Indiewire. 24 September 2016, 9:24 AM, PDT)
Betty White (I)
- SAG Awards to Honor Lily Tomlin with Lifetime Achievement Award (From Backstage. 4 August 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- World’s First ‘Golden Girls’ Cafe Is Coming to New York City (From The Wrap. 22 June 2016, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- You'll Never Guess Which Physical Attribute NeNe Leakes Had to Assure Mike Tyson Was 'Real' (From PEOPLE.com. 21 June 2016, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Come Dine With Me: falling into its inescapable trap (From Den of Geek. 19 September 2016, 4:51 AM, PDT)
- Meet the young cast of City of Tiny Lights (From ScreenTerrier. 14 September 2016, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Hooten And The Lady episode 1 review (From Den of Geek. 14 September 2016, 7:37 AM, PDT)