We live in a society where the oldies are taking over. By 2018, older people will outnumber children for the first time. Over the next 30 years the number of over-65s is forecast to almost double, from 506 million in 2008 to 1.3 billion. And if you’ve turned on your TV in the past decade, you’ll have noticed that the ad men having let this fact slip by them.
Magazines, movies and music may still be obsessed with the cult of youth, but increasingly adverts are being aimed at the elderly, and with good reason. As well as creating ads for more products aimed at older customers, advertisers are bucking the youth-oriented trend, and switching the glowing supermodels for wrinkles, and featuring the elderly in their ads.
Usually done with a good dose of humour, it’s had a surprising effect on the way we view old people, challenging the stereotypes, and »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Lindsay Lohan Talks Dream Role of Ariel in 'Little Mermaid' Reboot and 'Mean Girls' Sequel (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 February 2017, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Jordan Peele’s Second Act: How the ‘Key & Peele’ Comedy Star Became a Bonafide Horror Director With ‘Get Out’ (From Indiewire. 20 February 2017, 3:35 PM, PST)
- ‘O.J.: Made in America’ Director on Trump Parallels, and Why He’s Waiting to See ‘American Crime Story’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 February 2017, 2:48 PM, PST)
Betty White (I)
- The Golden Girls: Clare Bowen & Elle King Sing the Sitcom Theme for Hulu (From TVSeriesFinale. 13 February 2017, 7:29 PM, PST)
- ‘The Golden Girls’ on Hulu: A Guide to 29 Wacky Moments to Watch Out For While You Binge (From Indiewire. 13 February 2017, 9:40 AM, PST)
- ‘The Golden Girls’ on Hulu: A Guide to 29 Wacky Moments to Watch Out For While You Binge (From Indiewire Television. 13 February 2017, 9:40 AM, PST)
- Happy 90th June Brown! A celebration of Dot Cotton, EastEnders' coiffured queen (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 February 2017, 2:23 AM, PST)
- Avengers: Infinity War first look, The Batman director, The BAFTAs and Danny Dyer as Doctor Who – Weekend News Roundup (From Flickeringmyth. 12 February 2017, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Danny Dyer wants to take over from Peter Capaldi on Doctor Who (From Flickeringmyth. 12 February 2017, 3:00 AM, PST)