By Rachel Bennett
Television Editor & Columnist
No one likes it when his or her favorite series gets canceled due to low ratings.
As I discussed last week, almost nothing can be done to reverse this decision aside from another network picking up the program or an intense fan campaign.
Fan campaigns usually entail writing letters, collecting signatures for a petition and/or mailing show-related items to the network that has the audacity to ax a beloved series. Some miraculously work, whereas others are sadly ignored by the top brass.
“I think that fans should do whatever they feel like doing to express their frustration with the cancellation of a show,” says one TV programmer. “At the very least, the gesture exposes executives to the passion of viewers who invest their time and emotion in their shows.
The executive added, “Having said that, I feel that we are in a ‘have »
- Rachel Bennett
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Simon Pegg is an assassin for hire in the trailer for Kill Me Three Times (From JoBlo. 19 December 2014, 7:47 AM, PST)
- George Takei petitions against all-white casting choices for Akira adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 4:52 AM, PST)
- Duncan Jones rules out directing Star Trek 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 12:02 PM, PST)
ABC Family [us]
- Thursday TV Ratings: Elementary, Biggest Loser, The Taste, iHeartradio, McCarthys (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 December 2014, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Switched at Birth Exclusive: Bay Tells Emmett She Took the Fall for Daphne – How Does He Take the News? (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 19 December 2014, 6:56 AM, PST)
- People Magazine Awards: Jennifer Lopez Wins Triple Threat Award (From PEOPLE.com. 18 December 2014, 8:00 PM, PST)
"Veronica Mars" (2004)
- Ten Best: Phil’s Top 10 Movies of 2014 (From Blogomatic3000. 19 December 2014, 5:52 AM, PST)
- White Collar: Creator and Stars Open to a Reunion Movie (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 December 2014, 11:53 PM, PST)
- Could White Color May A Return with a Movie? (From Boomtron. 17 December 2014, 3:32 PM, PST)