By Rachel Bennett
Television Editor & Columnist
No one likes it when his or her favorite series gets canceled due to low ratings.
As I discussed last week, almost nothing can be done to reverse this decision aside from another network picking up the program or an intense fan campaign.
Fan campaigns usually entail writing letters, collecting signatures for a petition and/or mailing show-related items to the network that has the audacity to ax a beloved series. Some miraculously work, whereas others are sadly ignored by the top brass.
“I think that fans should do whatever they feel like doing to express their frustration with the cancellation of a show,” says one TV programmer. “At the very least, the gesture exposes executives to the passion of viewers who invest their time and emotion in their shows.
The executive added, “Having said that, I feel that we are in a ‘have »
- Rachel Bennett
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Preview of Star Trek: New Visions – ‘1971/4860.2′ (From Flickeringmyth. 7 July 2015, 12:19 AM, PDT)
- Preview of Star Trek/Green Lantern #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 6 July 2015, 6:30 PM, PDT)
- Why We Want To Believe In The X-Files Mini-Series (From We Got This Covered. 6 July 2015, 6:27 PM, PDT)
ABC Family [us]
- Disney/ABC TV’s Vince Roberts to Retire in January 2016 (From Variety - TV News. 6 July 2015, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Matt Dallas Marries Blue Hamilton: See the Newlyweds at the Courthouse! (From E! Online. 6 July 2015, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- ‘Chasing Life’ Exec Producer Teases Season 2: April’s Love Triangle ‘Ramps Up’ (From Variety - TV News. 6 July 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
USA Network [us]
- ‘Chrisley Knows Best’ Gets Fourth Season on USA (From Variety - TV News. 7 July 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Dark Horse and Universal Cable Productions Sign First-Look Deal for Comics-Based Shows (From Variety - TV News. 7 July 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Mr. Robot Video: Evil Corp's Wannabe Cto Slaps (!) Himself Into Shape (From TVLine.com. 7 July 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)