In a rather beautiful turn of events, both Les Misérables and Zero Dark Thirty arrived to implications of raves (ah, pointless Les Miz embargo) and actual ones (Zdt had no embargo) and though neither are opening until Santa's elves are deep into overtime, they've made the forthcoming Oscar race much more exciting. What we have are real competitions in multiple categories. At least for now; precursor prizes have a way of flattening out the drama if they arrive at consensus too quickly. We've already discussed Les Miz's first screening and the Hugh vs. Daniel Best Actor race.
But while you're waiting for my Zero Dark Thirty review, let's discuss the confusing Best Actress race.
This particular shot is the second half of one of my favorite cuts of the year... from the screen she's watching to this face.
What's the confusion, you may be asking. Yes, Jennifer Lawrence »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- "Dior Addict": Jennifer Lawrence Revealed (From SneakPeek. 1 September 2015, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Jamie Laing wants Emily Ratajkowski romance (From Virgin Media - TV. 1 September 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Sos This Week #21: What I Learned This Summer At The Movies (From SoundOnSight. 31 August 2015, 6:22 PM, PDT)
- Netflix's New Crop of Movies Will Keep You Busy All September Long (From BuzzSugar. 31 August 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- What's New on Netflix for September 2015 (From Moviefone. 30 August 2015, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- Trailer Trashin’: Matt Damon is Lost in Space in The Martian Official Trailer (From CinemaNerdz. 28 August 2015, 7:29 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- 6 Oscar Season Narratives That Could Shape the Race This Year (From Variety - Film News. 31 August 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Wolf Warrior' Clip Has Scott Adkins Fighting an Army | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 28 August 2015, 6:43 PM, PDT)
- 'The Real reason women don't direct more action movies' satire is infuriatingly accurate (From Hitfix. 28 August 2015, 8:19 AM, PDT)