In a rather beautiful turn of events, both Les Misérables and Zero Dark Thirty arrived to implications of raves (ah, pointless Les Miz embargo) and actual ones (Zdt had no embargo) and though neither are opening until Santa's elves are deep into overtime, they've made the forthcoming Oscar race much more exciting. What we have are real competitions in multiple categories. At least for now; precursor prizes have a way of flattening out the drama if they arrive at consensus too quickly. We've already discussed Les Miz's first screening and the Hugh vs. Daniel Best Actor race.
But while you're waiting for my Zero Dark Thirty review, let's discuss the confusing Best Actress race.
This particular shot is the second half of one of my favorite cuts of the year... from the screen she's watching to this face.
What's the confusion, you may be asking. Yes, Jennifer Lawrence »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence Brings Along a Furry Friend for Malibu Date Night with Darren Aronofsky (From PEOPLE.com. 25 June 2017, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- The Unbearable Rightness of Daniel Day-Lewis Retiring (Even if He Doesn’t Keep to It) (From Variety - Film News. 25 June 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Dazzler Will Appear In The Upcoming ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ Film (From The Playlist. 24 June 2017, 7:12 AM, PDT)
- Betty Gilpin Says Shows Like ‘Glow’ Are a ‘Step In The Right Direction’ For Women On Screen (From The Wrap. 23 June 2017, 4:38 PM, PDT)
- Dazzler Will Be Introduced in X-Men: Dark Phoenix (From MovieWeb. 23 June 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- Dazzler Confirmed To Appear In X-Men: Dark Phoenix (From We Got This Covered. 23 June 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Kyle Chandler, Jason Clarke, and Corey Stoll Join Damien Chazelle’s ‘First Man’ (From Slash Film. 23 June 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- J. Hoberman’s Best Movies of the 21st Century (From Indiewire. 20 June 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Black Panther, Detroit, War for the Planet of the Apes, and more make our weekly movie news (From Cineplex. 16 June 2017, 12:43 PM, PDT)