Win an Oscar, become evil?
That seems to be the new trend with the news that Cate Blanchett may be playing the Evil Stepmother in a Cinderella remake. She joins Angelina Jolie, who will be portraying Maleficent in an upcoming Sleeping Beauty film, and Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts, who this year both starred as the Evil Queen in Snow White movies.
It’s tempting to say that this is a sad commentary on the roles for 35-plus women in Hollywood who can no longer play “The Girlfriend.” As Tina Fey wrote, “The definition of ‘crazy’ in show business is »
- Erin Strecker
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Dakota Johnson Will Be Forever, Interrupted (From We Got This Covered. 11 July 2014, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- This Week's Can't-Miss Celebrity Pics! (From Popsugar. 10 July 2014, 10:43 PM, PDT)
- 'Land Ho!' Filmmakers On Capturing Tourists' View of Iceland, Sharing Equipment With 'Interstellar' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 July 2014, 6:42 PM, PDT)
- Ray Donovan's Jon Voight Wrote the "Sexy" Liev Schreiber's JDate Profile (From E! Online. 11 July 2014, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Prince William and Prince George Have an Adorable Morning Routine (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- ‘Unbroken’ Trailer: A Lifetime of Glory (From FilmSchoolRejects. 11 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 150 random celebrities, painstakingly sorted into Hogwarts houses (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Jimmy Fallon brings you a Neil Young cover of 'Fancy' you never thought was possible (From Hitfix. 8 July 2014, 12:54 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman Steal Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield's Cute Paparazzi Sign Idea (From E! Online. 7 July 2014, 11:04 AM, PDT)