The movies have given us some seriously meaningful jackets over the years. Here's my pick - what are yours?
Daniel Fitzpatrick runs a monthly Midnight Movie event in Dublin called Hollywood Babylon.
In novels there are all sorts of ways to reveal to the reader what a protagonist is like, though these revelations can take time. Cinema has a mere hour or so in which to describe a character or situation, showing us in a flash what it would be impossible to narrate. This is where a nifty bit of set dressing or art direction comes in handy.
So that's movies and this is 'great movie jackets'.
The movies have given us so many coolly iconic, memorable jackets over the years – but we are looking for something else, something more meaningful.
The first thing this jacket does is acknowledge a debt, by knowingly »
- Guardian readers
Similar News ItemsRyan Gosling
- Grandmas Play Hilarious Game Of ‘F–k, Marry, Kill’ In New Viral Video (From Uinterview. 1 June 2015, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Grandmas Play "F--k, Marry, Kill" and Are Brutally Honest About Their Choices (From E! Online. 1 June 2015, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: June 1-7 (From Moviefone. 1 June 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Check Out Concept Art From George Miller’s Cancelled Justice League Movie (From TheMovieBit. 1 June 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- The Death Of Superman Lives: What Happened? review (From Den of Geek. 31 May 2015, 10:46 PM, PDT)
- Aquaman And Wonder Woman From The Cancelled Justice League Movie Revealed (From Cinema Blend. 31 May 2015, 6:35 PM, PDT)
- 'Suffragette' Trailer: Carey Mulligan & Meryl Streep Fight for Equality (From Moviefone. 2 June 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Colbie Caillat Is Engaged! (From Popsugar. 29 May 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Colin Firth Is ‘Already Set’ to Star in My Fair Lady on Broadway (From Vulture. 27 May 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)