The movies have given us some seriously meaningful jackets over the years. Here's my pick - what are yours?
Daniel Fitzpatrick runs a monthly Midnight Movie event in Dublin called Hollywood Babylon.
In novels there are all sorts of ways to reveal to the reader what a protagonist is like, though these revelations can take time. Cinema has a mere hour or so in which to describe a character or situation, showing us in a flash what it would be impossible to narrate. This is where a nifty bit of set dressing or art direction comes in handy.
So that's movies and this is 'great movie jackets'.
The movies have given us so many coolly iconic, memorable jackets over the years – but we are looking for something else, something more meaningful.
The first thing this jacket does is acknowledge a debt, by knowingly »
- Guardian readers
Similar News ItemsRyan Gosling
- Playback: Damien Chazelle on ‘La La Land,’ ‘First Man’ and Daring to Dream (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Pink Skies and Poetic Artifacts: Dp Linus Sandgren on La La Land (From Filmmaker Magazine. 18 January 2017, 3:32 PM, PST)
- Will 'La La Land' Have Lionsgate Investors Dancing in 2017? (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 18 January 2017, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Crowd-Pleasing Hits Pepper Walk of Fame Honoree Brett Ratner’s Resume (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Competition: Win an ‘Army of One’ Blu-ray & iTunes code! (From Blogomatic3000. 18 January 2017, 9:01 AM, PST)
- ‘Die Hard’ Director John McTiernan Returns After 14 Years With ‘Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Trailer (From The Film Stage. 18 January 2017, 4:45 AM, PST)
- 18 Movies You'll Want to See After They Premiere at Sundance (From BuzzSugar. 19 January 2017, 3:05 AM, PST)
- Sundance 2017: 12 buzz films for buyers (From ScreenDaily. 18 January 2017, 5:59 PM, PST)
- Twelve Sundance 2017 buzz titles to watch (From ScreenDaily. 18 January 2017, 5:59 PM, PST)