Oh you’re a popular one, Mr. Grinch!
The annual telecast of How the Grinch Stole Christmas on ABC delivered a strong rating Tuesday night, surpassing original episodes of several broadcast comedies in the adult demo — including NBC’s New Normal and all of Fox’s lineup (yup, Grinch outperformed New Girl too, but that was by a very close margin in the demo).
Grinch stole 8.4 million viewers and a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 at 8 p.m. and was followed by a repeat of Shrek the Halls (8.4 million, 2.5). Both were down a tick from last year. Creating new holiday animated »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"The Voice" (2011)
- 'The Sing-Off' falls flat (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 10:06 PM, PST)
- 'The Voice' Winner Craig Wayne Boyd Reveals His Big Plans (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 5:21 PM, PST)
- 'The Voice' Winner Sounds Off, Blake Shelton Drops F-Bombs! (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 12:51 PM, PST)
- The X Factor final: Live blog - All the action as it happens (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- The X Factor final: Live blog - All the action as it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Golden Globes Snubs: Sorry ‘Modern Family’, ‘Walking Dead’ & ‘American Sniper’ (From Deadline New York. 11 December 2014, 6:02 AM, PST)
"Go On" (2012)
- Strictly Come Dancing: the semi-final – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- The day with Steve Carell's sexual healing and awkward Christmasses (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 December 2014, 9:52 AM, PST)
- Contenders: Crops of Tunes Inspire and Bottle Films’ Spirit (From Variety - Film News. 10 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)