After Tim Burton’s live action Alice in Wonderland was such a big hit for Disney, they bought a pitch for a re-imagining o the Cinderella story from Aline Brosh McKenna (Devil Wears Prada). That was in 2010.
Now it’s time to cast this flick.
First up, if The Wrap’s unnamed source is to be believed, is Cindy’s wicked (is there ever an other type?) stepmother. Who is Disney looking to? None other than Cate Blanchett.
Blanchett can play anything and anyone, so expect her rock this role like she does every other.
Source: The Wrap »
- Philip Sticco
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- Fritz Lang and Metropolis (From CultureCatch. 12 July 2014, 1:54 AM, PDT)
- 12 Great Ape Movies to Watch After You See ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ (From FilmSchoolRejects. 11 July 2014, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- Review: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (From LatinoReview. 11 July 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Star Wars: May The 2016 Be With You? (From LatinoReview. 11 July 2014, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Lifetime Adapting ‘Clan of the Cave Bear’ With Ron Howard, Brian Grazer (From Variety - TV News. 9 July 2014, 4:38 PM, PDT)
- 'Dumbo' Is Getting The Live-Action Treatment (From LatinoReview. 9 July 2014, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Robert Redford Will Play Dan Rather in ‘Truth’ (From Slash Film. 10 July 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Dan Rather 'Cautiously Optimistic' About 'Rathergate' Biopic (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 July 2014, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- British Dramedy 'Pride' Finds U.S. Home With CBS Films (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 July 2014, 12:46 PM, PDT)