After Tim Burton’s live action Alice in Wonderland was such a big hit for Disney, they bought a pitch for a re-imagining o the Cinderella story from Aline Brosh McKenna (Devil Wears Prada). That was in 2010.
Now it’s time to cast this flick.
First up, if The Wrap’s unnamed source is to be believed, is Cindy’s wicked (is there ever an other type?) stepmother. Who is Disney looking to? None other than Cate Blanchett.
Blanchett can play anything and anyone, so expect her rock this role like she does every other.
Source: The Wrap »
- Philip Sticco
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- What Robin Almost Looked Like in Tim Burton's Batman Returns (From MovieWeb. 20 September 2017, 7:56 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle review: Dir. Matthew Vaughn (2017) (From The Hollywood News. 20 September 2017, 4:39 AM, PDT)
- Weird Al, Finn Wolfhard & more to star in Willy Wonka live concert event! (From JoBlo. 19 September 2017, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Japanese Promo For Thor: Ragnarok Bigs Up Marvel’s New Space Buddies (From We Got This Covered. 21 September 2017, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Munn Claims Making a Cameo in 'Ocean's Eight' Came With a Cost (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 September 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ gets an 80s-themed trailer (From Blogomatic3000. 20 September 2017, 2:25 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Season 7 Is Bringing Back Princess Rapunzel For Action, New Details (From OnTheFlix. 14 September 2017, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- Paramount Veteran Nic Crawley Tapped as CEO of The H Collective (From Variety - Film News. 14 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 13 Nights of Halloween: See the Full Lineup For Freeform's Annual Marathon! (From BuzzSugar. 13 September 2017, 2:10 PM, PDT)