After Tim Burton’s live action Alice in Wonderland was such a big hit for Disney, they bought a pitch for a re-imagining o the Cinderella story from Aline Brosh McKenna (Devil Wears Prada). That was in 2010.
Now it’s time to cast this flick.
First up, if The Wrap’s unnamed source is to be believed, is Cindy’s wicked (is there ever an other type?) stepmother. Who is Disney looking to? None other than Cate Blanchett.
Blanchett can play anything and anyone, so expect her rock this role like she does every other.
Source: The Wrap »
- Philip Sticco
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- Check Out Concept Art From George Miller’s Cancelled Justice League Movie (From TheMovieBit. 1 June 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- The Death Of Superman Lives: What Happened? review (From Den of Geek. 31 May 2015, 10:46 PM, PDT)
- Help Pee-Wee Find His Bike Midnights This Weekend at The Tivoli – Pee-wee’S Big Adventure (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 31 May 2015, 8:40 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Beat: Cannes 2015 Offers a Preview of Awards Race to Come (From Collider.com. 30 May 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Patricia Highsmith's 'Ripley' Books in Development to Become TV Series (From Indiewire Television. 28 May 2015, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- 'Carol' Producer Christine Vachon Talks Being Queen of the Croisette (From Thompson on Hollywood. 26 May 2015, 12:32 PM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Nevermind: Disney Pulls Plug on 'Tron 3' (From Movies.com. 1 June 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Wayward Pines Season 1 Episode 3 Review – ‘Our Town, Our Law’ (From Flickeringmyth. 30 May 2015, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Disney Pulls Plug on ‘Tron 3′ (From Variety - Film News. 29 May 2015, 6:10 PM, PDT)