Reel Ink is a new, hopefully bi-monthly column in which I’ll review a wide selection of recent books about film, covering everything from more scholarly tomes to biographies, film histories and lighter, fan appreciation type publications and whatever else of interest catches my eye.
The first column will be divided into two parts, as I’ve had such a great response from book publicists I contacted about the column that it is going to take me a little longer than anticipated to get through all the books I’ve acquired (and thanks to all who contributed review copies).
Part 1 includes a look at one of the greatest British films of the ‘60s, meditations on contemporary cinema from one of America’s most incisive film writers, an examination of some of the most troubled productions in film history, a loving photographic homage to Britain’s greatest cinema icon, the biography »
- Ian Gilchrist
Similar News ItemsAlfred Hitchcock (I)
- Train of thought by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 23 March 2017, 4:16 AM, PDT)
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Bones, Arrow, Grimm, Once, Bates Motel, Hawaii Five-0, Walking Dead and More (From TVLine.com. 22 March 2017, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- Bates Motel: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Six on A&E? (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 March 2017, 7:22 PM, PDT)
Eli Roth (I)
- Shailene Woodley, Eli Roth projects selected for Tribeca online showcase (From ScreenDaily. 24 March 2017, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca 2017: New Online Works Showcase Will Premiere Fresh Efforts from Shailene Woodley, Eli Roth and More (From Indiewire. 24 March 2017, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca Fest Announces Online Content Slate: Standing Rock Docu ‘Awake’ & Crypt TV’s ‘Monster Madness’ Bow (From Deadline. 24 March 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- A Film About Understanding: ‘2001’ and Ocular Imagery (From FilmSchoolRejects. 24 March 2017, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- The Perfect Shots of ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 March 2017, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- ‘Operation Avalanche’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 22 March 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)