'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' has celebrated its world premiere in New Zealand's capital Wellington.
Over 100,000 fans turned out to see the stars and crew behind the 'Hobbit' debut the long-awaited Peter Jackson film, according to Stuff.co.nz.
Ian McKellen, who plays the wizard Gandalf, was absent but sent the message: "I wish I were there in my spiritual home in Wellington."
Director Jackson, at a news conference hours before the premiere, said he hopes the new technology he used on his 'Hobbit' film trilogy will create a magical experience that will get people into theatres.
He said the films were shot at 48 frames per second instead of the traditional 24 to give them greater clarity. »
- The Huffington Post UK/PA
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Comic-Con 2014 Live: Warner Bros' Hall H Panel Kicks Off Saturday (From FirstShowing.net. 26 July 2014, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Ten Best: Movies to get excited for in the second half of 2014 (From Blogomatic3000. 26 July 2014, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who Showrunner Confirms Discussions with Peter Jackson (From GeekTyrant. 26 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Open Letter Accuses Upcoming 'Truth,' to Star Redford and Blanchett, of Lies (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 July 2014, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Jodie Foster's George Clooney Thriller Lands at TriStar (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 July 2014, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden Review (From HeyUGuys. 25 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Hobbit' stars Andy Serkis and Lee Pace make a late night visit to Comic Con fans in line (From Hitfix. 26 July 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- New images from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- New Hobbit 3,The Battle Of Five Armies Movie Poster Shows Hardcore Smaug & Fire Action (From OnTheFlix. 23 July 2014, 2:26 PM, PDT)