Some horror writers are haunted by the past...
And some crime writers are mediums for the world that came before. Pamila Payne is a unique fusion of both, an author compelled by the sins of the past to speak for a bygone eras’ lost souls. Her Vintage Vice site features a prolific archive of early-20th century tales revealing haunted criminals and the spirits, both real and imagined, that torment them.
Part time-travel, part seance and all too vivid, Pamila’s stories transport readers to another era and let them walk alongside its ghosts. In this interview, we’ll meet the ghosts that possess her.
Gina Marie: Who are you?
Pamila Payne: I'm Pamila Payne. Writer. Narrator. Creator of the Bella Vista Motel.
Gina Marie: You describe your work as “vintage vice.” What sources do you draw on for your research?
Pamila Payne: My fascination with the past has been a lifelong obsession, »
- Gina Marie
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- The Highest Grossing Supernatural Horror Movies Of All Time (From Cinema Blend. 20 September 2017, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Netflix's October 2017 Titles: What's New and What's Leaving? Say Hello to Stranger Things Season 2 (From E! Online. 20 September 2017, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- It 2: What We Know So Far (From Cinema Blend. 20 September 2017, 12:34 PM, PDT)
Edgar Allan Poe
- Toronto Film Review: ‘Thelma’ (From Variety - Film News. 15 September 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- John Carpenter's '80s: "The Fog" and "Escape From New York" (From MUBI. 10 September 2017, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- N.Y.C. Now Casting: Leads in ‘The House On Poe Street’ + More (From Backstage. 6 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)
- Four Best Remakes of Classic Horror Films (From MoreHorror. 1 August 2016, 5:14 PM, PDT)
- Frankenstein Review (From We Got This Covered. 10 March 2016, 10:54 AM, PST)
- Examining Hollywood Remakes: The Mummy (From Cinelinx. 6 March 2016, 6:04 PM, PST)