Pics: The Craziest Celeb Mugshots!
According to the AP, the actress, 40, did not testify at the trial and could face five to ten years in prison.
The conviction stems from a 2010 Dwi arrest, where Locane-Bovenizer allegedly had a blood-alcohol level nearly three times the legal limit when she collided with another vehicle in New Jersey. The accident resulted in the death of 60-year-old Helene Seeman, the AP reports.
Sentencing was reportedly scheduled for March 1.
"This is a sad day for the Seeman Family. There were no winners declared by the verdict. There are only losers," Assistant Prosecutor Matthew Murphy said. "A husband lost his dear wife; his two children lost their mother; and Helene's mother lost her daughter. That loss can never be rectified by a verdict." »
Similar News Items"Melrose Place" (1992)
- Heather Locklear, Boyfriend Marc Mani Still Going Strong, Spotted on Sweet Date Night (From Us Weekly. 21 November 2013, 2:04 AM, PST)
- What to Watch: Nov. 17-23, 2013 (From HollywoodChicago.com. 20 November 2013, 6:43 PM, PST)
- Fright At Home: November 19th’s DVD & Blu-ray Releases! (From Icons of Fright. 19 November 2013, 12:14 PM, PST)
- Bobby Brown’s Jail Sentence — Singer Gets 55 Days After Third DUI Arrest (From HollywoodLife. 26 February 2013, 6:35 PM, PST)
- Amy Locane-Bovenizer Manslaughter Sentence Appealed by Prosecutor as Too Light (From E! Online. 19 February 2013, 5:29 PM, PST)
- Prosecutors Appeal Actress' 3-Year Sentence For Vehicular Manslaughter (From Huffington Post. 19 February 2013, 4:57 PM, PST)
Matthew O. Murphy
- Ex-'Melrose Place' Actress Convicted of Vehicular Homicide (From Huffington Post. 27 November 2012, 10:38 AM, PST)
- Oscar(R)-winning Screenwriter David Seidler To Deliver Keynote 2011 Nicholl Fellowships Presentation (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 October 2011, 6:29 PM, PDT)
- Academy Announces Winners of 2011 Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowships (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 October 2011, 7:37 PM, PDT)