There’s nothing quite like directing and starring in your own movie, especially if the subject matter is also you. That’s the kind of egocentric project none of us need, but Beyonce - who is set to direct and star in a documentary about herself – is going to go ahead with it anyway, because why not? It is about her, after all. And at least it’ll be her own fault if she looks bad, although since she’s making it that probably won’t happen. Maybe it’ll be boring? Is Beyonce boring? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
The documentary, set to include both concert material and more personal stuff (not too personal, we hope), will air on HBO at some point in 2013.
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsHome Box Office (HBO) [us]
- PBS’ ‘American Masters’ Getting Overhaul Under New Exec Producer Michael Kantor (From Deadline TV. 16 April 2014, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones renewed for two seasons (From Virgin Media - TV. 9 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- HBO's 'Game of Thrones' renewed for fifth and sixth season (From RealBollywood. 9 April 2014, 12:29 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Cannes Film Festival Predictions: 46th Directors’ Fortnight (From ioncinema. 16 April 2014, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- History on Autopilot: Errol Morris’ The Unknown Known (From Filmmaker Magazine. 14 April 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Errol Morris (From Pure Movies. 12 April 2014, 10:06 AM, PDT)
Michael Lombardo (I)
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record (From EW.com - Inside TV. 15 April 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- HBO Renews Game Of Thrones For Two More Season In Least Surprising News Ever (From AreYouScreening. 9 April 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Emmys: John Landgraf Calls For Tougher Category Rules, Says ‘True Detective’s Entry As Drama Series “Unfair” (From Deadline TV. 9 April 2014, 9:53 AM, PDT)