There’s nothing quite like directing and starring in your own movie, especially if the subject matter is also you. That’s the kind of egocentric project none of us need, but Beyonce - who is set to direct and star in a documentary about herself – is going to go ahead with it anyway, because why not? It is about her, after all. And at least it’ll be her own fault if she looks bad, although since she’s making it that probably won’t happen. Maybe it’ll be boring? Is Beyonce boring? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
The documentary, set to include both concert material and more personal stuff (not too personal, we hope), will air on HBO at some point in 2013.
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsHome Box Office (HBO) [us]
- How a Chance Encounter Brought HBO and Showtime Together for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao PPV (From Variety - TV News. 20 February 2015, 7:30 PM, PST)
- Will HBO win Oscar for Best Documentary Short with 'Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1'? (From Gold Derby. 20 February 2015, 6:12 PM, PST)
- 5 Things to Expect From Alex Gibney's Damning Scientology Doc 'Going Clear' (Trailer) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 February 2015, 9:17 AM, PST)
Michael Lombardo (I)
- HBO Renews Last Week Tonight With John Oliver for Two More Seasons (From The Daily BLAM!. 19 February 2015)
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Renewed for Seasons Three and Four on HBO (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 February 2015, 6:35 PM, PST)
- John Oliver On For Two More Years At HBO (From Monsters and Critics. 17 February 2015, 12:06 PM, PST)
- Watch: The Subterranean Stadium, A New Errol Morris Short Film (From Filmmaker Magazine. 2 March 2015, 12:12 PM, PST)
- Ballet 422 – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 February 2015, 8:46 PM, PST)
- Life Itself DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 23 February 2015, 2:00 AM, PST)