There’s nothing quite like directing and starring in your own movie, especially if the subject matter is also you. That’s the kind of egocentric project none of us need, but Beyonce - who is set to direct and star in a documentary about herself – is going to go ahead with it anyway, because why not? It is about her, after all. And at least it’ll be her own fault if she looks bad, although since she’s making it that probably won’t happen. Maybe it’ll be boring? Is Beyonce boring? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
The documentary, set to include both concert material and more personal stuff (not too personal, we hope), will air on HBO at some point in 2013.
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsHome Box Office (HBO) [us]
- Producers Guild Redeems "The Lego Movie," "Life Itself" (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 January 2015, 7:22 AM, PST)
- Birdman, The Lego Movie and Breaking Bad among the winners at the 2015 PGA Awards (From Flickeringmyth. 25 January 2015, 2:31 AM, PST)
- ‘Birdman’ Wins Producers Guild Award for Best Movie (From Variety - TV News. 24 January 2015, 8:18 PM, PST)
Michael Lombardo (I)
- Mike Myers In Business With HBO (From Monsters and Critics. 14 January 2015, 4:41 PM, PST)
- Mike Myers Signs Overall Deal With HBO (From Variety - TV News. 14 January 2015, 12:09 PM, PST)
- Mike Myers signs a two year first look deal with HBO (From JoBlo. 14 January 2015, 7:50 AM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein on Best Pictures, 'Snowpiercer' and Theatrical vs. VOD and His "Harvey Scissorhands" Nickname (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 January 2015, 9:14 AM, PST)
- The Top 25 Oscar Documentary Snubs of the Past 30 Years (From Scott Feinberg. 23 January 2015, 8:16 AM, PST)
- Cinereach Welcomes Caroline Kaplan as Head of Creative Initiatives (From Indiewire. 21 January 2015, 1:09 PM, PST)