There’s nothing quite like directing and starring in your own movie, especially if the subject matter is also you. That’s the kind of egocentric project none of us need, but Beyonce - who is set to direct and star in a documentary about herself – is going to go ahead with it anyway, because why not? It is about her, after all. And at least it’ll be her own fault if she looks bad, although since she’s making it that probably won’t happen. Maybe it’ll be boring? Is Beyonce boring? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
The documentary, set to include both concert material and more personal stuff (not too personal, we hope), will air on HBO at some point in 2013.
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsHome Box Office (HBO) [us]
- Jeffrey Wright confirms 2018 return for Westworld (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2016, 2:20 AM, PST)
- How ‘Westworld’ Overcame Setbacks to Shine as HBO’s New Tentpole (From Variety - TV News. 2 December 2016, 4:40 PM, PST)
- HBO Launches in Spain, Adds Content From Disney, Nickelodeon (From Variety - TV News. 28 November 2016, 11:25 AM, PST)
Michael Lombardo (I)
- HBO’s New Boss: 3 Top Items on Casey Bloys’ Must-Do List (Analysis) (From The Wrap. 23 May 2016, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- HBO Names Casey Bloys to Succeed Michael Lombardo as President of Programming (From The Wrap. 23 May 2016, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- HBO: Casey Bloys To Succeed Michael Lombardo As President of Programming (From Deadline TV. 23 May 2016, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- 'The Lure': Film Review (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 17 November 2016, 9:59 AM, PST)
- The B-Side: Elsa Dorfman’s Portrait Photography | 2016 Toronto Int. Film Festival Review (From ioncinema. 14 November 2016, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Doc NYC 2016: Ten Films To Keep An Eye On From This Year’s Doc NYC Lineup (From CriterionCast. 7 November 2016, 11:30 PM, PST)