Martin Deer looks back on the career of martial arts icon Bruce Lee...
Today would have marked the 72nd birthday of one of history's most influential figures. His influence was was not felt just in the world of cinema - his impact was felt in Western cinema, Asian cinema, Martial Arts and health & nutrition. He even changed the way Westerners viewed Asians and had a great impact on the acceptance of racial diversity. How many people can say all of that? To this day his films, his training techniques and his enlightening and thought provoking philosophical ideas continue to inspire generations almost 39 years after his death. Happy Birthday Bruce Lee.
In 1973 Enter the Dragon opened in America and re-introduced the West to the 'Little Dragon', only this time like they'd never seen him before. As we all know Bruce would unfortunately never get to witness the cultural phenomenon that Enter the Dragon became, »
Similar News ItemsBruce Lee (I)
- Weekend Box Office Report: February 17-19, 2017 (From JoBlo. 19 February 2017, 11:52 AM, PST)
- Flashpoint Batman And Reverse-Flash Are Back On This New DC Rebirth Cover (From We Got This Covered. 16 February 2017, 7:37 PM, PST)
- The Raid is getting a bone-snapping remake from Joe Carnahan & Frank Grillo (From JoBlo. 15 February 2017, 12:19 PM, PST)
- How to win the ‘Truck Norris’ Chuck Norris truck on Diesel Brothers (From Monsters and Critics. 20 February 2017, 9:48 AM, PST)
- 10 Best Movies to See in February: 'Lego Batman,' 'John Wick 2' and More (From Rolling Stone. 31 January 2017, 10:50 AM, PST)
- The Death of Good Screenwriting in Hollywood (From Flickeringmyth. 23 January 2017, 11:10 AM, PST)
Enter the Dragon (1973)
- A ‘John Wick’ Masterclass with director Chad Stahelski (From The Hollywood News. 17 February 2017, 9:24 AM, PST)
- Second Opinion – John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 14 February 2017, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Interview: Talking ‘Gun-Fu’ and ‘Car-Fu’ with John Wick: Chapter 2 director Chad Stahelski (From Flickeringmyth. 13 February 2017, 5:45 AM, PST)