26 November 2012 10:40 PM, PST | RealBollywood.com | See recent RealBollywood news »

Melbourne, Nov 27: Fresh from saying no to the new 'Star Wars' film, Steven Spielberg has shot down rumours that he'll direct a Bond movie, even though he always wanted to.

Spielberg said that he once offered his services to Bond producer Cubby Broccoli back in the early 70s, before he made his name with 'Jaws.'

"I went to Cubby Broccoli and I asked if I could do one and he said, 'No.' I've never asked again. Instead, I made the Indiana Jones series," News.com.au quoted him as telling the Daily Mail.

Earlier this year he told EW: "When I first started making movies, the only franchise I cared about and wanted to. »


- Rahul Kapoor

Report a problem



Similar News Items

Star Wars (1977)
Steven Spielberg
Albert R. Broccoli


IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners