Before becoming a household name for playing the iconic J.R. Ewing on "Dallas," Larry Hagman broke into the entertainment industry when he starred on "I Dream of Jeannie." As Captain Tony Nelson, Hagman played opposite Barbara Eden's Jeannie from 1965 to 1970.
Sadly, Hagman passed away on Friday, Nov. 23, after a battle with throat cancer. He was 81, and still very active -- in fact, Hagman was in the middle of filming Season 2 of TNT's "Dallas" reboot when he passed. Now, Eden pays tribute to her former costar and longtime friend in a heartfelt open letter, which she posted on her Facebook. The letter appears in its entirety below.
As I received the news this evening and as you read this I still cannot completely express the shock and impact from the news that Larry Hagman has passed. I can still remember, that first day on Zuma Beach with him, in the frigid cold. »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- When the Stars Moved to Malibu: Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe and A-Listers on the Beach (From The Hollywood Reporter. 14 June 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Jordana Brewster on Paul Walker death: "It's a year of massive lows" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 March 2014, 2:14 AM, PDT)
- Broadchurch, Twin Peaks, Veronica Mars: 5 of TV's greatest whodunits (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 March 2014, 8:14 AM, PDT)
"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)
- Bob Hastings, Lt. Carpenter on ‘McHale’s Navy,’ Dies at 89 (From Variety - TV News. 2 July 2014, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Remembering the Best and Worst of ABC’s Tgif Lineup (From Variety - TV News. 27 June 2014, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Those Were The Days (of TV theme songs) (From SoundOnSight. 25 May 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Interview: We Dream of Barbara Eden at the ‘Hollywood Show’ Chicago (From HollywoodChicago.com. 8 July 2014, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Slideshow: Exclusive Portraits at 2013’s The Hollywood Show (From HollywoodChicago.com. 14 December 2013, 6:23 PM, PST)
- Greg Louganis Marries Johnny Chaillot (From E! Online. 14 October 2013, 4:20 AM, PDT)