Before becoming a household name for playing the iconic J.R. Ewing on "Dallas," Larry Hagman broke into the entertainment industry when he starred on "I Dream of Jeannie." As Captain Tony Nelson, Hagman played opposite Barbara Eden's Jeannie from 1965 to 1970.
Sadly, Hagman passed away on Friday, Nov. 23, after a battle with throat cancer. He was 81, and still very active -- in fact, Hagman was in the middle of filming Season 2 of TNT's "Dallas" reboot when he passed. Now, Eden pays tribute to her former costar and longtime friend in a heartfelt open letter, which she posted on her Facebook. The letter appears in its entirety below.
As I received the news this evening and as you read this I still cannot completely express the shock and impact from the news that Larry Hagman has passed. I can still remember, that first day on Zuma Beach with him, in the frigid cold. »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Film Face-off: 'Superman: The Movie' vs. 'Man of Steel' (From Movies.com. 18 June 2013)
- 10 Awful Video Games Based On TV Shows (From Obsessed with Film. 30 May 2013, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Primary Colors: fiction takes second place to fact (From The Guardian - Film News. 29 May 2013, 6:20 AM, PDT)
"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)
- Diane Kruger & Emmy Rossum: Red Lip Face Off — Vote On Your Fave (From HollywoodLife. 11 June 2013, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Photos from The Joe Besser Film Festival Yesterday in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 June 2013, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- Barbara Eden Bares Midriff at Age 78 in Sexy I Dream of Jeannie Costume—See the Pics! (From E! Online. 28 May 2013, 12:36 PM, PDT)
- Country Music’s 10 Greatest Moments (For Gays Who Don’t Care About Country Music) (From The Backlot. 6 June 2013, 6:06 AM, PDT)
- Barbara Eden: How I've Kept My Jeannie Figure (From PEOPLE.com. 31 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Barbara Eden: 'I Dream of Jeannie' outfit was 'a onetime thing' (From Pop2it. 29 May 2013, 3:56 PM, PDT)