Before becoming a household name for playing the iconic J.R. Ewing on "Dallas," Larry Hagman broke into the entertainment industry when he starred on "I Dream of Jeannie." As Captain Tony Nelson, Hagman played opposite Barbara Eden's Jeannie from 1965 to 1970.
Sadly, Hagman passed away on Friday, Nov. 23, after a battle with throat cancer. He was 81, and still very active -- in fact, Hagman was in the middle of filming Season 2 of TNT's "Dallas" reboot when he passed. Now, Eden pays tribute to her former costar and longtime friend in a heartfelt open letter, which she posted on her Facebook. The letter appears in its entirety below.
As I received the news this evening and as you read this I still cannot completely express the shock and impact from the news that Larry Hagman has passed. I can still remember, that first day on Zuma Beach with him, in the frigid cold. »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- 'Dallas' Star Larry Hagman -- R.I.P. ... But Only After You Pay Up (From TMZ. 21 December 2014, 12:15 AM, PST)
- Why Is Peter a Girl? An Oral History of ‘Peter Pan’ the Musical (From VH1.com. 2 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- MovieWeb's 2014 Holiday Gift Guide! (From MovieWeb. 1 December 2014, 12:29 PM, PST)
"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)
- Actor Booth Colman Dies at 91 (From Variety - TV News. 21 December 2014, 11:29 AM, PST)
- Actor Booth Colman Dies at 91 (From Variety - Film News. 21 December 2014, 11:29 AM, PST)
- The X Factor 2014: week five results show live blog (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 November 2014, 12:57 PM, PST)
- Be Careful What You Wish For: When Djinns Go Bad (From Horror Asylum. 22 October 2014)
- Mindy Newell: I Owe It All To Television (From Comicmix. 15 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'James Bond,' 'Happy Gilmore' Actor Richard Kiel Dies (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 September 2014, 8:21 AM, PDT)