Before becoming a household name for playing the iconic J.R. Ewing on "Dallas," Larry Hagman broke into the entertainment industry when he starred on "I Dream of Jeannie." As Captain Tony Nelson, Hagman played opposite Barbara Eden's Jeannie from 1965 to 1970.
Sadly, Hagman passed away on Friday, Nov. 23, after a battle with throat cancer. He was 81, and still very active -- in fact, Hagman was in the middle of filming Season 2 of TNT's "Dallas" reboot when he passed. Now, Eden pays tribute to her former costar and longtime friend in a heartfelt open letter, which she posted on her Facebook. The letter appears in its entirety below.
As I received the news this evening and as you read this I still cannot completely express the shock and impact from the news that Larry Hagman has passed. I can still remember, that first day on Zuma Beach with him, in the frigid cold. »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Is this the worst Pointless answer ever? Watch this contestant's hilarious mix-up (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Samuel L. Jackson Joins Remake Of The Blob (From EmpireOnline. 13 May 2015, 11:51 PM, PDT)
- Why 1998 Was the Best Year In Film History (From Hitfix. 27 April 2015, 12:46 PM, PDT)
"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)
- Van Alexander, Big-Band Leader and Film-tv Composer, Dies at 100 (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2015, 10:15 PM, PDT)
- Van Alexander, Big-Band Leader and Film-tv Composer, Dies at 100 (From Variety - Film News. 19 July 2015, 10:15 PM, PDT)
- Jack Carter, Comedic Actor and Calvacade of Stars Host, Dead at 93 (From TVLine.com. 29 June 2015, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- Be Careful What You Wish For: When Djinns Go Bad (From Horror Asylum. 22 October 2014)
- Mindy Newell: I Owe It All To Television (From Comicmix. 15 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'James Bond,' 'Happy Gilmore' Actor Richard Kiel Dies (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 September 2014, 8:21 AM, PDT)