Before becoming a household name for playing the iconic J.R. Ewing on "Dallas," Larry Hagman broke into the entertainment industry when he starred on "I Dream of Jeannie." As Captain Tony Nelson, Hagman played opposite Barbara Eden's Jeannie from 1965 to 1970.
Sadly, Hagman passed away on Friday, Nov. 23, after a battle with throat cancer. He was 81, and still very active -- in fact, Hagman was in the middle of filming Season 2 of TNT's "Dallas" reboot when he passed. Now, Eden pays tribute to her former costar and longtime friend in a heartfelt open letter, which she posted on her Facebook. The letter appears in its entirety below.
As I received the news this evening and as you read this I still cannot completely express the shock and impact from the news that Larry Hagman has passed. I can still remember, that first day on Zuma Beach with him, in the frigid cold. »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Dallas: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 September 2014, 1:34 AM, PDT)
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Mistresses' Jes Macallan (From TVLine.com. 6 September 2014, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dallas’ Star Josh Henderson Talks John Ross’ Next Move, Patrick Duffy Face-Off – And That Threesome Scene (From The Wrap. 25 August 2014, 6:12 AM, PDT)
"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)
- Tgif Turns 25: Looking Back at the Family-Friendly Sitcoms That Defined '90s TV (From PEOPLE.com. 19 September 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- Bob Palmer, Longtime Publicist, Dies at 85 (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2014, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell: I Owe It All To Television (From Comicmix. 15 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'James Bond,' 'Happy Gilmore' Actor Richard Kiel Dies (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 September 2014, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- L.A. Slasher Set to Terrorize Salt Lake Comic Con with Two Special Screenings (From Dread Central. 30 August 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)