Before becoming a household name for playing the iconic J.R. Ewing on "Dallas," Larry Hagman broke into the entertainment industry when he starred on "I Dream of Jeannie." As Captain Tony Nelson, Hagman played opposite Barbara Eden's Jeannie from 1965 to 1970.
Sadly, Hagman passed away on Friday, Nov. 23, after a battle with throat cancer. He was 81, and still very active -- in fact, Hagman was in the middle of filming Season 2 of TNT's "Dallas" reboot when he passed. Now, Eden pays tribute to her former costar and longtime friend in a heartfelt open letter, which she posted on her Facebook. The letter appears in its entirety below.
As I received the news this evening and as you read this I still cannot completely express the shock and impact from the news that Larry Hagman has passed. I can still remember, that first day on Zuma Beach with him, in the frigid cold. »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Interview: Linda Gray of ‘Dallas’ on Larry Hagman & Her New Book ‘The Road to Happiness’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 6 November 2015, 7:19 AM, PST)
- Blood & Oil Baron Don Johnson Deflects Dallas/J.R. Ewing Comparisons (From TVLine.com. 5 August 2015, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ and ‘Love Boat’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - TV News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Crowns Winner of Season 21 (From Variety - TV News. 24 November 2015, 8:07 PM, PST)
- Tweeks: My Favorite Martian Complete Series DVD Set Review (From Comicmix. 5 November 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Beyonce Rocks "Super Blonde" Hair: All the Details From Her Colorist Rita Hazan (From Us Weekly. 21 October 2015, 5:33 AM, PDT)
- Celebrating TV's evil twins and oddball doubles (From Den of Geek. 27 October 2015, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Be Careful What You Wish For: When Djinns Go Bad (From Horror Asylum. 22 October 2014)
- Mindy Newell: I Owe It All To Television (From Comicmix. 15 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)