On the heels of good news about "Downton Abbey" -- its pickup for a fourth season -- comes some potentially bad news: According to a report, one of the show's core cast members may not return.
The report comes from U.K. tabloid the Sunday Express, so take it with as big a grain of salt as you wish. But it quotes a "well-placed production source" on "Downton Abbey" as saying, "Dan Stevens isn't returning to the series. He will probably do the first episode of the fourth series, but that will be it."
(The Express story also contains some spoilers for Season 3, which has already aired overseas. Be forewarned if you click through.)
Stevens is currently starring on Broadway in "The Heiress" opposite Jessica Chastain and David Strathairn. The play is scheduled to end its run in February, right around the time "Downton Abbey" begins filming Season 4.
Season 3 of »
Similar News ItemsJessica Chastain
- Oscars: Where’s the Competition in the Actress Categories? (From Variety - Film News. 28 November 2014, 10:19 AM, PST)
- 2015 Indie Spirit Award Nom Surprises & Snubs: Where is The Skeleton Twins, Miles Teller & The Better Angels? (From ioncinema. 28 November 2014, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Watch James Franco in Malick-esque ‘The Color of Time’ trailer (From SoundOnSight. 28 November 2014, 7:16 AM, PST)
"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens': A Timeline of Events So Far (From Variety - Film News. 28 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Downton Abbey Christmas special will have a 'festive theme' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Amazon Black Friday Deals: Nov. 28th (From Dark Horizons. 28 November 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Watch: Visual Effects Reel Shows Off the Magic of the New 'Godzilla' (From FirstShowing.net. 26 November 2014, 12:20 PM, PST)
- 60 Years of Godzilla: A History and Critique of the Greatest Monster Movie Series in Cinema (From SoundOnSight. 4 November 2014, 3:35 AM, PST)
- New York Serves as the Backdrop for a Number of Oscar Contenders (From Scott Feinberg. 3 November 2014, 11:12 AM, PST)